*****The Official Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Essandoh

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Very likely he will be up against Brandt rather than Reus.

King is nowhere near ready, did you see him against Sevilla's kids?

Did you see King make any actual mistakes in that game? Because I didn’t! sure he didn’t stand out either but the entire team was being dominated with a non existent midfield. other than Lowry he was probably our best player (not saying much admittedly)

As others have said Nathan Patterson was made to look terrible by Atletico Madrid again in the same scenario.

2 hours ago, Number6 said:

Kent and Roofe played in France in December. Plus you can get into Germany with a negative test result if no vaccinations. 

Has this rumour been debunked yet? 

and all the grievance mongers waiting anxiously to put the boot onto Kent 🤣😂

1 hour ago, Number6 said:

I understand that. Just pointing out they might well be vaccinated or there's something in place for unvaccinated players travelling for games. 

Edit: I think the quarantine element of entering Germany has been lifted too. Again on proof of negative test or recovery if not vaccinated. 

Would be interested in your official source re the quarantine being lifted for the unvaccinated in Germany?

3 hours ago, Nk89 said:

McGregor

Sands   Goldson  Bassey

Tav                                                Borna

Lundstram  

Arfield                 Kamara

Aribo

Morelos

Extra body in with Goldson Bassey could help hopefully 

Keep Jack, Helander, Kent Ramsey fresh for Sunday.

Not a fan of playing a completely new system for our team in a competitive game against any team never mind a class one.

3 hours ago, Nk89 said:

McGregor

Sands   Goldson  Bassey

Tav                                                Borna

Lundstram  

Arfield                 Kamara

Aribo

Morelos

Extra body in with Goldson Bassey could help hopefully 

Keep Jack, Helander, Kent Ramsey fresh for Sunday.

That would be my defence with Balogun and Helander unavailable. 

Bassey is too wild at centre half and leaves huge gaps trying to help Borna. At least with Sands and Goldson they can shuffle along and cover.

With the ball it leaves us very flexible as well!

38 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Bassey is too wild at centre half and leaves huge gaps trying to help Borna. At least with Sands and Goldson they can shuffle along and cover.

answers your own judgement there, young bassey trying to cover his own position plus that of a supposed croatian international who has been a bomb scare for a long time now, always had his shitebaggery about him, doesnt like physical but now he backs off and off, allows shots and crosses to come across, his ears will be red raw tomorrow night once McGregor is finished with him possibly...

Borna is right out of form with his confidence in tatters. He simply cannot start.

For the rest of the team well that is Gio's call. I know the team that I would pick but I would be astonished if that's the starting XI that Gio goes with.

Very much looking forward to this one.

37 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

answers your own judgement there, young bassey trying to cover his own position plus that of a supposed croatian international who has been a bomb scare for a long time now, always had his shitebaggery about him, doesnt like physical but now he backs off and off, allows shots and crosses to come across, his ears will be red raw tomorrow night once McGregor is finished with him possibly...

Bassey ain't going to shag you mate.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Bassey doesn’t need Borna as an excuse to be dragged out of his position as he’s regularly doing it himself.