Tannadice

Sky Sports Main Event + Sky Sports Football - 12:00 kickoff

My starting XI:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Jack       Lundstram

Sakala       Ramsey     Kent

Morelos 

Games are coming thick + fast and every single game is as huge as the previous one at this stage of the season. 3 points needed no matter how. 

jack isnt starting mate, kamara comes in.

Id swap front 3 too, sakala, roofe, and diallo

If tonights doesnt raise the game of players looking in then nothing will.

Jack, morelos, kent legs need rested.

Helander back in, bassey to lb

McGregor

Tav, Goldson, Helander, Bassey

Kamara Lundstrum

Diallo         Aribo       Sakala

Roofe

15 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

McGregor

Kamara Lundstrum

Roofe

Probably that, but Morelos has to start. Depends how bad that knock/strain is he got near the end right enough. 

This is a massive game where 3 points is a must but we have to make changes to the starting 11. There are only 65 hours between games. It is too much to ask for a repeat performance of tonight.

I would wrap Jack, Morelos and Kent in cotton wool.

Helander, Kamara, Roofe & Sakala must come in, step up and produce.

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This is a massive game where 3 points is a must but we have to make changes to the starting 11. There are only 65 hours between games. It is too much to ask for a repeat performance of tonight.

I would wrap Jack, Morelos and Kent in cotton wool.

Helander, Kamara, Roofe & Sakala must come in, step up and produce.

Wrap Morelos, Kent and Jack in cotton wool for a a fixture that was our first league defeat in more than a year?

2 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

No one should be rested for Dundee Utd away, it is our route to the title and CL ffs.

Not the time to give people the chance to prove their worth.

Totally agree, I think we dropped points by underestimating teams, we need to be at our best. 

42 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

No one should be rested for Dundee Utd away, it is our route to the title and CL ffs.

Not the time to give people the chance to prove their worth.

That's not how the game works. You run a higher risk of injury playing players on short notice. Morelos looked absolutely done at the end of the game. He gave everything he had and was possibly carrying a strain at the end.

I'm fully aware of the importance of a difficult tie.

7 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

McGregor

Kamara Lundstrum

Roofe

Agree on Jack, he'll be rested for this one I would think, although I'd like to see Ramsay start, with games coming thick and fast he needs to get minutes in and if he's blowing out his arse after an hour get him off.

I feel like Barisic probably retains his place, he's come in last night and done well, his confidence needs a bit of game time I think.

I was of the opinion in the Dortmund match thread, pre kick off, that the level of performance was more important than the end result. Of course the result has blown us all away, however my opinion is is still the same. If we cannot take all of the self belief and confidence in the World from that performance from last night and kick on to retain our Title then quite frankly, we deserve nothing.

Our aim (as it always has to be) must be to win every single league game to the end of the season, difficult given the standard of Scottish refereeing and Lady Luck intervening, but possible.  The first game against Utd at Tannadice needs to be put right and it is vital that we do not squander last nights result by failing to win on Sunday. 

It will be very interesting to see if Ramsey gets a start on Sunday as not one of the staring eleven last night deserves to be dropped, not even the much maligned (not by me) Lundstram, a situation that I find quite remarkable, that a player of Ramsey's quality should not be a shoo in to start.

Difficult game and tricky team selection for this, want to keep players fresh but keep the momentum gained since getting our arse felt at the piggery. Dundee utd will be well up for it as usual and hopefully our players can dodge that maniac butcher when he inevitably tries to maim one of our players.