*****The Official Dundee United vs Rangers Thread*****

RangersMedia

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

There is no way I would play the same 11 on only 65 hours between games. I wouldn't make wholesale changes but...

Ramsey & Diallo were brought in to bolster the squad. This is the time when they are needed. Add in Kamara, Roofe, Helander & Sakala and we should have hungry and rested players ready to produce.

Makes sense mate:thumbup:

10 minutes ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Dundee Utd away will be tougher than Borussia Dortmund away… 😮 never thought I’d hear myself say that! 
stuffy game, any win will do…

id start Ramsey, time to step up

If we go at it with the same tempo and attitude we should drub this shower of shite.

49 minutes ago, Graham said:

Always a banana skin coming off a big high in Europe to an early Sunday kick off away from home. Hope we keep the head and will take any win.

Post from  FF yesterday .

"Sorry for being a killjoy.

In my lifetime, there are only 2 away victories in Europe that compare to last night.

In 1978, we beat a fantastic PSV Eindhoven team 3-2, they were UEFA Cup holders and had half a dozen players who were in the Dutch squad that had just got to the world cup final.

Massive celebrations, brilliant headlines.

We then lost 1-0 to Partick Thistle on the Saturday and ended up losing the title to celtic in the last game.

In 2007, we beat another wonderful team, French champions Lyon who were at the time genuine contenders for the Champions League trophy.

Massive celebrations, brilliant headlines.

We then lost 1-0 at home to Hibs on the Saturday and ended up losing the title to celtic in the last game.

Now in 2022, we have beaten another European superpower at their ground. Massive celebrations, brilliant headlines.

We need to make sure history doesn't repeat a third time. The second leg next Thursday takes care if itself. It's absolutely vital we go out on Sunday and forget the headlines and the praise, focus on a difficult game against a fired up opponent, and beat Dundee United.

I really wish I wasn't so pessimistic all the time! "

We need the win tomorrow.

I might be wrong and hopefully I am but for me Ramsey still looks a good yard off the pace, and I dont think this is a game to be experimenting to find out. 
away from home in the league following on from away from home in Europe is always extremely difficult.

On 18/02/2022 at 11:24, Gandhi1872 said:

McGregor 

Tav, Goldson, Helander, Bassey

Lundstram, Kamara

Diallo, Ramsey, Kent

Morelos

Even as a big fan of Kamara, I’d persevere with Jack/Lundstram to see if that pairing continues to blossom. And I’d start Arfield with a view to Ramsey coming on at half time.