*****The Official Rangers v BVB Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Was told my old man had days to live last Wednesday. Sat by his hospital bed on Thursday evening watching the 1st leg on the iPad and the performance cheered me up no end, although i couldn't cheer for obvious reasons.

He passed away on Saturday and that tonight is EXACTLY what i needed to help raise my spirits. I went absolutely fucking tonto when we scored the 7th.

And we DID score 7 v Borrusia Dortmond regardless of what the records will say. Fucking SEVEN goals v one of the best teams in Germany!!!

Fucking outstanding to a man.

Condolences bud. 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Was told my old man had days to live last Wednesday. Sat by his hospital bed on Thursday evening watching the 1st leg on the iPad and the performance cheered me up no end, although i couldn't cheer for obvious reasons.

He passed away on Saturday and that tonight is EXACTLY what i needed to help raise my spirits. I went absolutely fucking tonto when we scored the 7th.

And we DID score 7 v Borrusia Dortmond regardless of what the records will say. Fucking SEVEN goals v one of the best teams in Germany!!!

Many condolences mate. Losing your Dad is a hard thing. I hope your old boy was watching tonight

4 minutes ago, MVRanger said:

What a result. 6 goals against the best team in the tournament truly is dreamland - Gio and the team deserve all the plaudits and the Board will be delighted with another £2 million home match next month. However there must be massive question marks over VAR now. If even they get it so obviously wrong then what is the point of it...and me jumping about like a maniac only to have to explain to the Mrs. that it wisnae a goal:lol:

Me inaw, tears rolling like a big bairn, only to have a clear goal chopped off, lucky for me the wife and bairns understand 

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Sorry for your loss mate....also sorry your Dad wasn't able to see us finish the job tonight. Great that we could do it for him, and you!!!

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Feel for you mate. Condolences for your loss, but sure he was watching from above and cheering on for a momentous win.

6 minutes ago, crabbit247 said:

I nearly fainted when I heard that. Sounded like he was actually wanting us to go through.  Maybe I've been wrong all this while thinking he was completely anti anything but that mob

I've heard him a few times now and always seems to come across as fair tbh.....but the ties against Gerry were different class. 

Just back in from the game, fucking buzzing with the result and performance, especially 2nd half.

Outstanding to a man, big balls by GvB to change the formation at HT.

They are some team going forward but couldn’t beat the Rangers!

Give us anyone next round, fear no foe 🇬🇧💙