Real Betis v Eintracht Frankfurt

RB Leipzig v Spartak Moscow

Barcelona v Galatasaray

Sevilla v West Ham

Atalanta v Bayer Leverkusen

FC Porto v Lyon

SC Braga v Lyon

Rangers v Crvena Zvezda

when you see some of these ties  i think our draw is favourable  going to be some cracking qt final ties

6 minutes ago, JamieD said:

When I went to see them play Partizan at Partizan's stadium, different groups of Red Star fans were segregated from each other :lol:

Oooft😂 had heard it was one of the most hostile atmospheres. How was the experience, mental then?

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Oooft😂 had heard it was one of the most hostile atmospheres. How was the experience, mental then?

Yeah, it didn't kick off, thankfully, considering someone had been stabbed at the previous derby, but the atmosphere was extremely tense. The Red Star ultras near me kept chucking flares at the riot police, and I spent most of the match thinking the police were going to rush in and batter us all. They were very good at keeping a lid on things, possibly because they were all fucking massive and scary. 

Also, Partizan were robbed by a series of dodgy ref decisions, which made my decision to sit with the away fans seem all the more stupid :lol: Cracking experience overall though.

1 minute ago, shotstopper said:

Are we sure, as fans, we will be allowed to travel, as Serbia borders Ukraine which we all know is at war with Russia.

Flights may well be banned from flying to and from that region. 

Serbia doesn't border Ukraine. Should be fine. 

Just now, JamieD said:

Yeah, it didn't kick off, thankfully, considering someone had been stabbed at the previous derby, but the atmosphere was extremely tense. The Red Star ultras near me kept chucking flares at the riot police, and I spent most of the match thinking the police were going to rush in and batter us all. They were very good at keeping a lid on things, possibly because they were all fucking massive and scary. 

Also, Partizan were robbed by a series of dodgy ref decisions, which made my decision to sit with the away fans seem all the more stupid :lol: Cracking experience overall though.

At first, I thought you meant the game didn’t actually get to kick-off due to crowd trouble:lol: then realised you meant fans kicking off, but aye that’s some derby to tick off the list for sure. Do you plan on seeing any other big European derbies or was this added into a trip or holiday you had? 

2 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

Are we sure, as fans, we will be allowed to travel, as Serbia borders Ukraine which we all know is at war with Russia.

Flights may well be banned from flying to and from that region. 

As far as I can tell flights are still going.

FCO website (from December) says:

"Indoor and outdoor gatherings are limited to 500 people, with the exception of certain events approved by the Government’s Crisis Response Team."

I don't know whether that includes football or not.

3 minutes ago, CR3 said:

At first, I thought you meant the game didn’t actually get to kick-off due to crowd trouble:lol: then realised you meant fans kicking off, but aye that’s some derby to tick off the list for sure. Do you plan on seeing any other big European derbies or was this added into a trip or holiday you had? 

I went to Serbia specifically to go to the game, but stayed a few days too. Would love to go to some others. It's a shame that football has been on the wane in Eastern Europe since the fall of communism, because I would have loved to see the likes of Dynamo Kiev or Dinamo Tbilisi in their pomp. The good thing about the Belgrade derby is that, along with European games, the fans actually turn up. Otherwise they prefer basketball nowadays.

Chatting to a mate in Belgrade who is part of one of their fan groups

Reckons the chat is they are happy enough with the draw, but wary after the Dortmund result, said they were mostly all hoping for Braga.

Reckons they are playing poorly in their domestic league, but raise their game for Europe. The team is still settling with a few new players arriving in the winter, said names to watch Katai, Stolica, Ben and Pavkov - Stolica was a recent signing from Bayern. Playmaker is Mirko Ivanić.

Said he thought they were a weaker team than last season.

1 minute ago, JamieD said:

I went to Serbia specifically to go to the game, but stayed a few days too. Would love to go to some others. It's a shame that football has been on the wane in Eastern Europe since the fall of communism, because I would have loved to see the likes of Dynamo Kiev or Dinamo Tbilisi in their pomp. The good thing about the Belgrade derby is that, along with European games, the fans actually turn up. Otherwise they prefer basketball nowadays.

Dinamo Tbilisi the pioneers of tiki taka back in the day

24 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Other ties have worked in our favour as well. If we can get through we’ve as good a chance as any of getting to the final. 

Mad to be talking about us reaching the quarterfinals, some job

Imagine winning it in Seville 😂 tgere  would be some sweet irony in winning it there.