*****Official St Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

That's a fucking disgraceful performance not as if St J pressed or defended as dogged as utd did where creative wise we were still on it .

Tonight even after the goal the passing was pathetic barely broke them down all night and when we do they miss a sitter added to that no subs to freshen it up Sakala for any one of that midfield on or after half time would've brought another dimension.

With Dolly losing tonight you can guarantee they'll be on the front foot with their usual bullshit tactics of time wasting and us allowing them onto us unless the manager shows some balls and freshens things up and demands a performance that delivers a convincing win.

Tonight we've got away with it but far from acceptable given what's at stake at home and in Europe.

Just now, Kai_Johansen said:

I don't think Gio is the man to take us forward. As poor a performance as I've seen in the last three seasons!

So many poor performances, don't think the players have bought into Gio either!

Are you kidding, do you remember the st johnstone away game earlier in the season, or the hibs home game, or the dundee away game 

Nevermind last 3 seasons, tonight was comparable to about 3 or 4 games earlier in this season 

8 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Could even hear it in the fans tonight, not so much a celebration of the final whistle, just relief. But not even relief in a satisfying football way. 

Just a collective sigh of thank fuck, but who knows what'll happen vs Aberdeen.

The only thing i'll guarantee is that Aberdeen magically find a bit of form and play out their skins!

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Just out of curiosity, what part wasnt working? The part where we were still creating stuff or the part where we restricted st johnstone to 3 shots and only one on target 

I think people just want to bitch and say we actually played worse than we did then point out how shite our players are. 3 points and it’s onwards to Ibrox against the sheep.

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Amazingly we played better and dropped points the last few games.

Questions needing asked about subs.

3 points but and we move on. Take some vital lessons from that 

The fans take the lessons, the real issue is the manager doesn't or refuses to. 

We have another game in 3 days and the last 20 minutes we were out on our feet. I wasn't confident before tonight but continually playing knackered players has baffled me.

Roofe obviously had a poor game at the piggery but I’m surprised how little he’s been used since. When match fit I still think he’s a real asset to have in the squad but don’t see him getting many opportunities to get some minutes and build up the match fitness he needs now.

Just now, Malkster said:

Difficult to play decent football on that cabbage patch, that said no excuse for St J out playing us at times,

we were losing the wee battles of possession 

How did they outplay us, we had more possession, they only had 3 shots, thats one every half hour and only one of them on target 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Just out of curiosity, what part wasnt working? The part where we were still creating stuff or the part where we restricted st johnstone to 3 shots and only one on target 

Come on mate, that wasn't working. We got points due to an extremely poor opposition. A better team, and by better I mean at least 7 other teams in that league, punish us tonight.

fans were fkn raging, no subs ffs, this managers an idiot

no trust in the subs at all

one of the worst displays and we won!

mcgregor nearly fkd it up again

arfields misses😔

lundstrom is one lazy bastard , 3 times stood ball watching while the player ran past him

morelos and Bassey pass marks, Goldson and balogun ok

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are you kidding, do you remember the st johnstone away game earlier in the season, or the hibs home game, or the dundee away game 

Nevermind last 3 seasons, tonight was comparable to about 3 or 4 games earlier in this season 

Lolz, no but I do now, thanks😃

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

What the fk is wrong with Gio and the squad.

I think there is a big disconnect there. I wouldn't go as far to say that he's lost the dressing room, yet, but there is obviously a problem.

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

I think people just want to bitch and say we actually played worse than we did then point out how shite our players are. 3 points and it’s onwards to Ibrox against the sheep.

Most of the anger tonight is for a clueless manager , the team were dead on their feet and changes were needed from half time.