*****Official St Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Dortmund to this, baffling!

This is the part I just don't understand. 

Half Time that game he sees its not working and he changed it. 

Now 2 on the bounce he makes 1 sub over 2 games. That's criminal management.

Major doubt now with gio. Even if he does lack trust in his bench. We're getting no where running players into the ground. 

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

Not very surprising that we play a proper defence and can win games playing poorly from a solid base.  Probably the most boring game I’ve watched all season but 3 points is all that matters. 

Balogun wins headers mate. He & Helander have been sorely missed. Playing Lundstram at CH the other day was madness.

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

Hate singling out players but Arfield was shocking and missed a couple of good chances neither does Kamara and Lundstram work in the MF but by f99k we're great at going backwards :-(

Arfield has been ran into the ground and should’ve been rested

Sakala should start that game or at the very least come on at half time

Play like world beaters vs Dortmund. Play quite well on Sunday and draw. Play garbage today and win. 

At the moment you’ve just no idea what to expect with this team. Genuinely fucking with my head. No idea what to expect vs Aberdeen on Sunday. 

Had we not somehow given Motherwell 2 goals on Sunday we’d probably forgive this performance and happily take the 3 points. 

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

I love your positivity BRU but we’re papering over the cracks. I have the fear and have had since very early days with Gio. A couple of great results in Europe won’t change my mind 

Thanks Jinty. :thumbup:

I wanted him in and so have to support him until I cannot do so any more, it is that simple for me.

He obviously thought to make subs tonight might not help the team and while I would have changed a couple about 65 min, he has won the match so just going with that tonight.

Sat is huge again and no idea how that will go. 

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Hate singling out players but Arfield was shocking and missed a couple of good chances neither does Kamara and Lundstram work in the MF but by f99k we're great at going backwards :-(

A thought Lundstram was fuckin brutal and dead on his feet after 30 mins.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

It’s not baffling at all. They left everything on the pitch in the two games against Dortmund and he’s insisting on playing the same group of players constantly in games 3 days apart. 

It’s not baffling it’s wank management 

I'm talking about Gio, the tactics, lack of subs, how he got the game played etc

I dont know what to make of this. Played some awful awful stuff and becoming very unsure of Gio. No subs and several sitters missed. Fuckin shitshow. Kamara much more direct, took his goal well and looked as if someone gave him a slap the other day. Solid by Lundstram and Bassey, Kent and Morelos were trying hard. Still 3 points and a CLEAN SHEET. We dont get many of those lately.