*****The official Rangers v Crvena zvezda match thread*****

G.E.C.

20 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Good assessment tbh.

Would have loved 4 or 5, but when I way he's the game back, we've got to be delighted with 3 nil.

We will score at least once over there, probably 2, so they ain't scoring 5 or 6, no chance.

They might score 5 or 6 in a crazy 5-5 or 6-6

'They ain't scoring 5 or 6, no chance'

'They might score 5 or 6'

:lol:

23 minutes ago, NitshillBear said:

One thing that pissed me off last night was this "Kent had lost control of the ball so no pen" pish. 

If you trip a cunt up anywhere on the park, it's a foul regardless of whether he's in possession or not.

If that's given against us I'd be absolutely livid. Kent has initiated the contact with the player and gone down

It wasn't a penalty in a million years but I'm not complaining

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Also, I feel like I spend half my time on here slating refs - it was so refreshing to actually have a decent officiating team last night. They got practically every decision spot on (I don't think Kent was a penalty but VAR gave that I guess) and they let the game go so much. Loads of really physical duels and battles between both sets of players and the ref was willing to let it go - it made for a really fluid game

Someone else mentioned it but if that game was played in Scotland last night we’re 2-0 down as both their goals are given and we don’t get the pen, not 2-0 up at half time.

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Also, I feel like I spend half my time on here slating refs - it was so refreshing to actually have a decent officiating team last night. They got practically every decision spot on (I don't think Kent was a penalty but VAR gave that I guess) and they let the game go so much. Loads of really physical duels and battles between both sets of players and the ref was willing to let it go - it made for a really fluid game

Game showed last night what a difference competent officials and VAR can make. 

Just imagine if our idiot officials were calling that last night.

16 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Game showed last night what a difference competent officials and VAR can make. 

Just imagine if our idiot officials were calling that last night.

For sure. With Scottish refs we lose that game. No way we get the penalty and 3 offside goals all stand.

Highlights what a difference impartial officials (aided by VAR) makes.

40 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

If that's given against us I'd be absolutely livid. Kent has initiated the contact with the player and gone down

It wasn't a penalty in a million years but I'm not complaining

Agree about Kent but it was also lazy defending,just sticking your foot out like that is asking for trouble.

3 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Just saw this on twitter why did we play red star at highbury ? 

FNe2lvSXMAEj4c4.jpg

It ended up 5-5 on aggregate and with no away goals or extra time/penalties at the time, a third game was played at a neutral venue (Highbury).

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Good assessment tbh.

Would have loved 4 or 5, but when I way he's the game back, we've got to be delighted with 3 nil.

We will score at least once over there, probably 2, so they ain't scoring 5 or 6, no chance.

They might score 5 or 6 in a crazy 5-5 or 6-6

I'm delighted with 3-0. Game could easily have finished 7-4 or something mental like that.

I expect the away leg next week to be just as open, not sure about 6-6 though :lol:

Having said that a lot of our Europa League games over the years have been goal fest's, so who knows.

I think both teams will score next Thursday, just a matter of how many.

2 hours ago, NitshillBear said:

One thing that pissed me off last night was this "Kent had lost control of the ball so no pen" pish. 

If you trip a cunt up anywhere on the park, it's a foul regardless of whether he's in possession or not.

That does my tits in as well.

If you foul someone in the box it doesn't even matter where the ball is, as long as it's in play it's a pen.

Kent's looking for it tbh, it's now part of the modern game. Leave your leg in and wait for contact. Defender fell for it and although it's really soft it's still a pen.

For about a ten minute spell after Balogun's goal, they were rattled. A fourth would have ended the tie and we were pressing to get it rather than sitting back.

But after Jack went off, they found some rhythm and hit the bar. This will give them confidence.

We got some luck last night and the tie is not done and dusted yet. The first 20 minutes will be crucial.

32 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

For about a ten minute spell after Balogun's goal, they were rattled. A fourth would have ended the tie and we were pressing to get it rather than sitting back.

But after Jack went off, they found some rhythm and hit the bar. This will give them confidence.

We got some luck last night and the tie is not done and dusted yet. The first 20 minutes will be crucial.

We will definitely score over there. 

“Expected goals on target (or xGOT) measures the likelihood of an on-target shot resulting in a goal, based on the combination of the underlying chance quality (xG) and the end location of the shot within the goalmouth.”

Tavs pen was given a score of 1.0, the highest score, 0% save probability.

Their pen was given a .99, or 1% save probability 

wild. FDCC3819-6C4D-4E23-B820-02F6DD444552.thumb.jpeg.8572244fc8e718f779fb70498b972173.jpeg2154E066-5083-4607-8E15-335295D326F0.thumb.jpeg.8269fde624038913d0d29f05012b7185.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

“Expected goals on target (or xGOT) measures the likelihood of an on-target shot resulting in a goal, based on the combination of the underlying chance quality (xG) and the end location of the shot within the goalmouth.”

Tavs pen was given a score of 1.0, the highest score, 0% save probability.

Their pen was given a .99, or 1% save probability 

wild. FDCC3819-6C4D-4E23-B820-02F6DD444552.thumb.jpeg.8572244fc8e718f779fb70498b972173.jpeg2154E066-5083-4607-8E15-335295D326F0.thumb.jpeg.8269fde624038913d0d29f05012b7185.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473954wpa1moectouy5b