Alex Lowry

bluenoz

24 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

is he a bear?

Need to install a premium contract on players if we, can that if they think they can fuck off to the money league to waste their careers then they must pay the club over time who brough there careers on.

I’ve heard rumours that his family are tarriers, obviously I don’t know for sure though.

Looking at his twitter it’s mostly filled with him in a Scotland shirt with only a bit of his Rangers stuff, certainly doesn’t strike me as someone who supports Rangers.

As for the second part you need to read and understand basic employment law because that’s clearly illegal😄

Unfortunately I don’t see many ways for us to convince players like him who have no loyalty to the club to stay.

Perhaps if we had a massive reputation of giving players a chance he would be convinced, but how likely are we to think let’s not sign a replacement for Roofe and give this kid a chance instead?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

Would be a huge boost to get him tied down for the next 4 or 5 years. Not exactly rocket science to say that if he continues his rate of improvement then he'll be a big player for us.

Id promise him the no 10 jersey next season too, that confidence would rip through him. Know hes a knock now but blood him fully till season ends 

11 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Id promise him the no 10 jersey next season too, that confidence would rip through him. Know hes a knock now but blood him fully till season ends 

Promising a youngster who's had a couple good games the number ten jersey is mental. Youngsters do well because they have that hunger. Doing that takes that away.

5 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Nonsense, long contracts like that only encourage players to think they can rest on their laurels.

You win nothing with kids, give me old experienced campaigners over flash in the pan youths 

Agreed, bringing on King instead of Balogun at the weekend was sickening and showed Gio doesn't have a clue

8 hours ago, MisterC said:

Nonsense, long contracts like that only encourage players to think they can rest on their laurels.

You win nothing with kids, give me old experienced campaigners over flash in the pan youths 

:fishing:

46 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Someone on FollowFollow is claiming that Lowry wasn’t injured but “sick” and that he is better now and ready for Thursday / The weekend.

Hopefully they are in the know and it chatting shit.

Think we were all fucking sick last week.

4 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Someone on FollowFollow is claiming that Lowry wasn’t injured but “sick” and that he is better now and ready for Thursday / The weekend.

Hopefully they are in the know and it chatting shit.

Covid apparently, which tbf would make sense as he was only described as being unavailable

2 hours ago, the cry was no said:

Covid apparently, which tbf would make sense as he was only described as being unavailable

The fact that Scotland U-19’s left him on the bench in a game they needed to win, after he had been excellent in the game before makes me think it’s something other than Covid though.

19 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Newcastle in for him apparently. Be disappointed if we let him go. 

The source is Football Insider. Not exactly a reliable source of football news. For example, today alone they also have Aribo going to Palace and Helander away to Aston Villa. 

Much as we all laugh at “rumours” from Football Insider, my heart sank when I saw the headline because Lowry is absolutely the kind of youngster we should be building our future around, not crocks on the way out like Ramsey.

Don't know the boy’s current transfer position but I’ll be pissed off if we lose him for peanuts (or fuck all) like Gilmour.