Alex Lowry

bluenoz

The question is will he sign a contract if we don’t give him game time.

I believe he’s a Rangers fan but if one of the big English clubs come in for him then what will convince him that staying with Rangers is the best option when he isn’t being given a proper chance.

He’s been playing against lowland league amateurs for too long now and I don’t like the idea of loaning him out to gash Scottish clubs with a terrible style of play and shite coaching.

36 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

The question is will he sign a contract if we don’t give him game time.

I believe he’s a Rangers fan but if one of the big English clubs come in for him then what will convince him that staying with Rangers is the best option when he isn’t being given a proper chance.

He’s been playing against lowland league amateurs for too long now and I don’t like the idea of loaning him out to gash Scottish clubs with a terrible style of play and shite coaching.

If one of the big English clubs comes for him he will be off whether he’s getting game time or not. 

12 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If one of the big English clubs comes for him he will be off whether he’s getting game time or not. 

Not necessarily.

Leon King supposedly had a number of offers from clubs in England yet he signed a deal.

I believe the likes of Charlie Lindsay & James Graham had offers from Premier League clubs before they decided to sign for Rangers.

The players who will chose Rangers, will do so because they believe the pathway to the first team is more likely than at a big premier league club (having a good modern coaching setup & facilities will also help), but if we aren’t providing that pathway then that one advantage disappears.

He certainly has natural talent and hopefully gets some game time this season, but not sure about starting him with the pressure that is on for results these last games, but I believe he could be a very good sub until the end of the season. I hope next season he is getting starts. 

6 minutes ago, ayro said:

Agree with this, previously I wanted a one year deal for either Arfield or Davis to keep experience for next season but now I think it just blocks a pathway for Lowry and McCann next season.

Itten is done here, no issue with Weston getting the step up.

Also push King at CB to get some serious game time next season.

Davis and Itten are 100% done and I’m probably about 60/40 against giving Arfield a new deal probably depends on what midfielders we lose in summer. 

4 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The games from now on are all must win so barring injuries to others this is no time to throw youth in. Next season Lowry, Mccann and King must be promoted to the first team squad.

Think Weston deserves a chance as well scored over 30 for B team this season. 

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Fine. Forgot about him. Add him to the list. They all need promoted next season and we can see if they sink or swim.

Much better option than signing overpaid shite that bloats out the squad that we end up having to pay off, we should be putting our transfer budget into quality that will improve us then filling squad with our best youth players that can hopefully kick on and become regulars. 

Lad needs to know he will get the opportunity he needs before he puts pen to paper on a long term deal I would suspect.

Got to admit I dont understand why he is not given his chance over fatigued or off form senior players.

As far as I'm aware the lad has no let us down yet when called upon.

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Would be good to finally have a decent free kick taker.

Seeing as Tav & Borna seem to have completely forgot how to take them. It’s bizarre how bad they have become at set pieces.

Do we just not practice taking them anymore or something?