Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

That team of upwards of 10 new players have taken something like 51pts from 57 since gerrard left, dont make it out like they are shite in scotland, infact given their worst period was before gio arrived, its a disgrace we were only 4 ahead when gerrard left

Aye they've done well, especially for a new squad, no doubt about it

But games like Aberdeen, County, Dundee United & Motherwell were all on Gio, that's where the league was lost. Game at their dump is fair enough, seen better teams lose there but yesterday again was on Gio.

If we had done our job it wouldn't have mattered what their results were 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

It then begs the question mate. Who the fuck could we get that has this quality? 

Not going to get that. Need a manager who has the win at all costs mentality. Easily say there is no one domestically that can do it. Either Wilson or whoever does their homework properly or we go from one unfit manager to the next.

Controversial opinion after yesterday but I felt that after the 3-0 we had really improved. Between the Hearts game and before yesterday our one bad half of domestic football was the second against Motherwell. We should arguably have scored more against them and definetely should have beat Dundee Utd.

Gio, for me, shouldn't get the chance to build his own squad fully but he should get a chance with new players and a fresh impetous in the squad. It may be the wrong but I feel like we have seen big improvements though the results may not have shown it.

He really has to sort his shit out against celtic though. Yesterday was an improvement on parkhead but we were still way off it and could have lost by a couple more!

Just now, SIRB_72 said:

Controversial opinion after yesterday but I felt that after the 3-0 we had really improved. Between the Hearts game and before yesterday our one bad half of domestic football was the second against Motherwell. We should arguably have scored more against them and definetely should have beat Dundee Utd.

Gio, for me, shouldn't get the chance to build his own squad fully but he should get a chance with new players and a fresh impetous in the squad. It may be the wrong but I feel like we have seen big improvements though the results may not have shown it.

He really has to sort his shit out against celtic though. Yesterday was an improvement on parkhead but we were still way off it and could have lost by a couple more!

He can start of by dropping shagger. 

1 hour ago, Mor3los_1 said:

We are nowhere as bad as when Caixhana left, behave yourself. A cup semi final, Europa League QF and 6 points behind in the league.

6 points behind them, honestly that's too much for me, I really can't take it.

1 minute ago, Willis said:

Not sure if I want him to go or not, I think he should probably stay but I don't know if its just cause I can't be arsed with seeing us start all over again for the umpteenth time in the last decade,  fucking monotonous 

Club needs stability at this time mate. Can’t keep chopping and changing. This fucking board though. 

DF0374E5-97C6-47BC-AF15-C4D8AAE98CCD.gif

17 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Aye they've done well, especially for a new squad, no doubt about it

But games like Aberdeen, County, Dundee United & Motherwell were all on Gio, that's where the league was lost. Game at their dump is fair enough, seen better teams lose there but yesterday again was on Gio.

If we had done our job it wouldn't have mattered what their results were 

Fucking nonsense as usual fae you. 

Ross county - McGregor drops the ball like a fanny and gits them a goal. Bassey missed the ball and gifts them a goal. Who do you blame? . Motherwell were flying. McGregor fucks up twice combined with Goldson. Blame Gio. 

Gio is by no means exempt from criticism but youre talking pish blaming it all on a manager.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Ross county - McGregor drops the ball like a fanny and gits them a goal. Bassey missed the ball and gifts them a goal. Who do you blame? . Motherwell were flying. McGregor fucks up twice combined with Goldson. Blame Gio. 

Gio is by no means exempt from criticism but youre talking pish blaming it all on a manager.

I can blame him for picking McGregor when McLaughlin is warming the bench. As stated on several threads McGregor still has the ability to pull off wonder saves but the negatives now outweigh the positives with him this season. We need a reliable keeper and he's not it any more.

2 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Wit, 5 or 6 year ago? Let’s go the whole hog n bring in some cunt like Ranieri then if we’re measuring Rangers manager credentials against titles with underdogs.

He was most recently managing in China before us. How we laughed when they appointed that fat cunt when managing a J-League team.

An utter fucking brass neck.

TBF @The Godfatherpointed that out earlier. I thought it was much more recent and probably adds to my concerns tbh. Big enough and ugly enough to stand corrected. Still on the fence with Gio but.

Just now, The Beast said:

I can blame him for picking McGregor when McLaughlin is warming the bench. As stated on several threads McGregor still has the ability to pull off wonder saves but the negatives now outweigh the positives with him this season. We need a reliable keeper and he's not it any more.

Absolutely. After McCrories old firm I thought we should have been blooding him for number 1. 

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Lol Gio is by no means exempt from criticism...puts all the blame on the players and none on Gio...

3 of those games I mentioned we actually took the lead and then sat back, something we seem to do more and more under Gio, we invite pressure and then the mistakes come.

Compare us to them, they go out and batter the rest of the shit in the league by attacking, the games are usually done before the other team has a chance. 

39 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

It then begs the question mate. Who the fuck could we get that has this quality? 

Would Bielsa be affordable? Would be ideal tactics for a team tht has 75% of the ball nearly every game domestically 

31 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Barasic had a howler at paedodome and rightly binned mcgregor has had numerous cockups but is still picked.

I cannot remember McLaughlin letting us down when picked and his command of area and use of the ball is far superior to shagger.

Gio recalled itten,why? He played Morelos at Dundee when clearly struggling,why? His use or should it be failure to use subs is baffling. Why have a Man Utd reserve on the bench but not any of our own promising kids like Lowry.

As someone else stated gio has zero personality and appears out of his depth.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

Barasic had a howler at paedodome and rightly binned mcgregor has had numerous cockups but is still picked.

I cannot remember McLaughlin letting us down when picked and his command of area and use of the ball is far superior to shagger.

Gio recalled itten,why? He played Morelos at Dundee when clearly struggling,why? His use or should it be failure to use subs is baffling. Why have a Man Utd reserve on the bench but not any of our own promising kids like Lowry.

As someone else stated gio has zero personality and appears out of his depth.

Can't really disagree with any of that apart from the fact its pretty clear why he continued to pick Morelos regardless of fitness or injury, we are a disgrace without him and it's been that way for the best part of 5 years.