Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 minute ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I 100% agree we've regressed massively. I guess it depends on whether you think he deserves a chance to sort it. For me, the pressure is now on him but I think the European run, Scottish Cup and CL qualification has earned him more time than some fans seem to be willing to give him. The next few weeks will be telling.

I genuinely hope we spend the next few weeks without him in charge while we secure a new manager. 

46 minutes ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

We are paying the price for the team standing absolutely fucking still over these past three or four transfer window. That, or bringing in mostly utter shite. The Europa run has papered over the cracks. This squad is big and needs a massive overhaul. Two really big problems.

Which comes down to the fucking board.

The squad is so stale just look at the team tonight it’s still mostly Gerrards team 

For some weird reason the interview cut off when asked if he would be starting to feel under pressure from the start of the season. It needs to be kept being asked

Jesus fuck, they just said Colak had 25 touches tonight :headwall:

After the last 2 games there is no defending him as well as the players. We need drastic measures and action, if that's sacking Gio then good because we are a shambles atm. 

I would honestly give it to Kevin Thomson to the end of the season, that way we can scout a proper replacement and if Thomson steps up to the plate even better. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Dyche isn’t the answer but Gio will win 4 of the next 5 in the league, keep losing in Europe, and the scum will keep winning domestically. Before you know it we’ll be 12 points behind at Christmas 

Tynecastle and the sheep away, wouldn't be so sure

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Fuck waiting, GVB is done. His football is killing us and back to back thumping are not on for Rangers. Neither is being 5 behind going into away at the sheep.

Fuck settling for medicore pish like this.

Needs replaced. We’ve gone so far backward under him. Players have chucked it. 

Turning my phone off and hopefully he’s binned in the morning. 

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Sorry that came across more harsh than I intended. Hightened emotions. 

I don't know who we bring in and sadly I don't trust Wilson and the current regime to make the right choice.

I was literally just thinking I should apologise also. Emotions are high and we're all hurting. For ten years we clawed and scraped our way back to the top and here we are and it's turning in to a shit show. 

The last two performances are as worrying, if not more worrying than the results. I'm not sure how Gio picks the team up after this. 

We seem rudderless, there's no thrust, no energy, no dig in the team at the moment. 

The fight appears to have gone and to me that signals the beginning of the end. 

Poor result against Aberdeen on saturday and i think he's gone. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Kjetil Knutsen - Done unreal work at Bodo-Glimt. His setup involves pressing the opposition up the park and attacking in numbers. Something that we know works in the league. 

Was linked by media last time round but no idea if they actually spoke to him 

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Aye let's rip things up and bring in Dyche.

Some people need to get a grip, let's give it a few weeks to see how things pan out.

You're either hanging on to the European final coattails or have very low standards. 

It's not even as if it's a shock getting pumped we've been honking for ages bar that euro run.