Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

"When they lost 7 in a row"

Lmao, fucking hell that's one way to kill my buzz today

Is that meant to be a positive article on Gio? :lol:

Reads as "doesn't get too bothered if he gets beat, needs help when it gets really bad" 

It's getting to the Caixinha levels of embarrassment under him now

11 goals in the last 3 games, 0 scored & barely looked like scoring 

Team tonight suggested a guy completely out of ideas and just going with the old faithful

Get him to fuck

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Harsh as fuck to slate him for that tonight.

Ajax and Napoli are streets ahead of us quality wise and last week I. The aftermath people said they could accept defeats as long as there was effort and application. There was plenty of that tonight until the sending off, which completely changed the game, and then two fuck ups from Kamara which add gloss to the result.

He’s on a slippery slope, I’m nowhere near convinced he’s right for us, but that tonight isn’t a stick to beat him with in the same way that the last two games were.

I thought first half the effort and commitment was decent. We created good chances, we were very much in it despite not having the needed quality against a very good team.

2nd half as soon as we're a man down it was an inevitable outcome. We might be in the minority but I too thought tonight for 55 mins or so was an improvement. But don't take chances plus make mistakes then this is what happens.

Reckon tonight was our best chance of points, now don't expect any.

Won't beat up Gio for tonight, but as a continuatuon of recent results with our 3rd heavy defeat writing has to be on the wall.

Team had a go tonight and red card changes the game. 

Reality but is we've conceded 11 goals and gone 3 games without a goal. Sure BT said something about having to go back to 2006 last time that happened.

Gio isn't the manager to take us forward. I think it's inevitable he goes.

More however should definitely follow. Starting with Wilson. Recruitment has been a disaster under him. First home game in the champions league and we're starting with a side Gerrard would have fucking picked. 

Just now, Jelavic191 said:

I have my doubts about gio but he’s been dealt a shitty hand by his DOF. 

changing manager won’t help if the same recruitment is being carried out. 

This is the biggest problem imo. We had the same glaring deficiencies going unaddressed under Gerrard. Until we appoint a DOF who can adequately address them any manager is going to have one hand tied behind their back.