Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

I want him gone I was excited when he came in as was most people but the more I see of him the more I disagree with nearly everything he does, be it the changes, the signings even though I’m not sure how much say he has in that, the tactics or his press conferences

the high press is what made us a team and that has almost been completely reverted under gio, although it was a bit better today despite the ref

4 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

I have my doubts about gio but he’s been dealt a shitty hand by his DOF. 

changing manager won’t help if the same recruitment is being carried out. 

If he’s not happy with his players he should say so or drop hints, the fans would back him

If the board want to keep the cash for the future then they should say so

What Gio has atm isn’t good enough.

Whether through lack of funds, Ross Wilson playing “pick a player” on some sort of random wheel of fortune, or just a complete misunderstanding of the job and role; we have failed to strengthen. Again. Unforgivable. 

9 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

I have my doubts about gio but he’s been dealt a shitty hand by his DOF. 

changing manager won’t help if the same recruitment is being carried out. 

This.

Both need to go and real quality appointments made. Either get a manager in and give them control over transfers with a scouting team to support or get a sporting director in who has a proven track record of quality signings and get a tactically astute manager who can motivate players to get the most out of them.

Unfortunately I can't see both going, its far more likely GvB gets the boot but Wilson has had SIX windows now and look at the state of the squad.

25 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

It's getting to the Caixinha levels of embarrassment under him now

11 goals in the last 3 games, 0 scored & barely looked like scoring 

Team tonight suggested a guy completely out of ideas and just going with the old faithful

Get him to fuck

We missed 3 absolutely brilliant chances tonight.. 

I agree he should go, but don’t think tonight has any bearing on that! 

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If he’s not happy with his players he should say so or drop hints, the fans would back him

I think picking a starting eleven tonight that didn’t contain one Summer signing is a pretty big hint tbh.

Just now, scottyc06 said:

We missed 3 absolutely brilliant chances tonight.. 

I agree he should go, but don’t think tonight has any bearing on that! 

We missed 3 decent chances, not sitters by any means but that's literally all we've created in 3 games now

3-0 was harsh tonight but he setup yet again to defend & ultimately it bit us on the arse after the red card. 

3 straight pumpings, it's a matter of when he goes now, not if.

We have 2 excellent finishers, 2 outstanding delivery full backs, some solid defensive minds and a few nunber 10s  

Why we play 433 is fucking beyond me and is now on fucking Gio. 

Raging mad we aren't at least playing to the limited strengths we have. Fucking fuckity fuckity fuck fuck fuck 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Still happy to publically say he was happy with the transfer window and didn't want Kamara to go. 

Complete yes man.

He’s stuck between a rock and a hard place. What does speaking out against and criticising his own board during a period of the season where absolutely nothing can be done about it achieve apart from creating negative headlines and public dissension that we really don’t need 

Think Ross Wilson and his poor recruitment are a big part of the problem but GvB’s tactics and the players he picks show that he isn’t the man to take us forward. Really like Gio as a person but sadly I don’t think we’ll progress under him despite reaching the EL final last year.

Just now, bluenoz said:

He needs to change the system and fast. Morelos clearly showed tonight how much he is missed but Colak has seven goals. We need to change to a 3-5-2

He's already said he has no intention of changing anything. 

Would like to see a front pairing of Colak and Morelos as well but I don't think we ever will under Gio.