Bassey

beararse

9 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

He's not though 

I agree but if English clubs are willing to pay that kind of money then Bassey is worth far more than Diallo. 
He’s been outstanding playing at the  highest level and still only 22. If he does go it should be somewhere in the region of 30 million.

48 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No sense in tracking the run, if the striker gets in ahead of you and sticks it in the pokey.

I think many just see what they want, and Goldson is leaving and majority love Bassey - so let’s all blame Goldson. 

Spot on.

Barisic is a shitebag for letting his marker get infront of him at the dump, Bassey does the same? It's Goldsons fault..

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spot on.

Barisic is a shitebag for letting his marker get infront of him at the dump, Bassey does the same? It's Goldsons fault..

Maybe Bassey could have done better but Goldson got caught in two minds and ended up just letting the ball come in. You could see his brain working. Goldson was definitely at fault. Was he the only player at fault? No

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spot on.

A thought Bassey thought Goldson had it and when he realised not it was too late. Either way it was another fuck up from Goldson in a big match. Wright should have done better too.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

A thought Bassey thought Goldson had it and when he realised not it was too late. Either way it was another fuck up from Goldson in a big match. Wright should have done better too.

And Bassey should have done better as well.

In saying that, Goldson is definitely more at fault. Strikers get in front of their man all the time - can be hard to defend against.

Letting the ball run across goal when you have the chance to clear it is unforgivable though. Ridiculous decision.

Played okay but still let his man get inside for the goal he does not concentrate at times the same when he tried to flick it and let the man clean through on goal but managed to get back in time.

This seems harsh but it what I noticed.

2 hours ago, The Blues said:

Think what Bassey will be like next season after a pre-season and the confidence as a recognised first team member. He has done really well this season and can get better.

What do you mean next season?

From day 1 this season he has been our standout.

Pre season he was the standout and never looked back since.

Hes my player of the year and consistently stood out.

As per my posts supporting this from day 1 of the season.

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spot on.

I thought 4 players could have done a lot better for the goal. Wright can do better in blocking the cross. Goldson is the free man and I would expect someone of his quality to be anticipating where that ball is going and mop it up with very little issue. It's Bassey's man at the end of the day and he can do better but Borre is top quality and it's fantastic movement and invention from him to get something on. Lastly, only seen it back the once as it's a killer but looked from behind the goals like McGregor maybe could have stopped it but I think I'll stop short on putting blame at his door for that.

Bassey was a monster all night and it's taken me a while to be convinced but his potential is massive. Goldson was fine but had a few moments I think he'd like to do over. I saw people blaming him for the long punts but I just think they set up against us so well that we rarely had much else on.

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spot on.

Of course it’s Goldson’s fault last night (he also nearly cost us a goal about 90 seconds beforehand when he made a cunt of a clearance/pass and let Kamada in)

He was supposed to covering the front post area for the goal.

Its his job to stop balls coming into the danger area, but nope, he leaves it to run past him when all he had to do was swing his right foot at it, and he didn’t even have to do that, he just had to take an extra step rather than checking his run and the ball would have clattered off him.

I mean,  why the fuck would you check your run in that instance?

As for Bassey, once the ball was in, you’d hope he would be on the right side of the attacker to snuff it out but he was marginally off it, but the blame lies entirely with Goldson. He had the opportunity to intercept and failed to do so.

The Barisic one v celtic was entirely different, he was caught flat footed and didn’t have a fucking clue where the attacker was.

Bassey’s versatility is a great asset but next season we have to decide on whether he is a fullback/wingback or a centre back and really give him the attention he needs to improve.

If we go with him at centre back we absolutely need an experienced head next to him, not likely goldson will sign a deal now.

Barasic I feel might get moved on so there could be a temptation to have him at fullback, I’m starting to lean towards him more as a centre back as he’s incredibly strong and quick, the recovery from his mistake last night shows just how good he could be.

Just now, beararse said:

The Barisic one v celtic was entirely different, he was caught flat footed and didn’t have a fucking clue where the attacker was.

I'm clearly talking about the Jota goal where Barisic looked at him twice and knew he was there, but was beaten to the ball. Similar happened here, Bassey knows where he was and still got beaten to the ball. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm clearly talking about the Jota goal where Barisic looked at him twice and knew he was there, but was beaten to the ball. Similar happened here, Bassey knows where he was and still got beaten to the ball. 

Fair enough.

Bassey did get beaten to the ball but the ball should never have gotten there in the first place.

Just so frustrating.

Ultimately in the key moments we’ve been the masters of our own downfall(s) this season.

3 hours ago, Seraph said:

Bassey became a Man last night. He filled his jersey to the maximum and has set a standard for himself. Goldson turning around and roaring at someone after their goal when it had just run across his toes is exactly why I can't be arsed with Goldson. He has the quality and athleticism to be a solid stopper but he goes into these crazy wee mental rabbit holes where he switches off. He also needs to stop with the Maldini diagonals. 

However, this thread is about Bassey. 

That man mountain should get GVB's full attention. He is an out and out asset. He played like a Lion last night. 

Agree with all this. Think its easy to forget Bassey is what 22.