***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Read somewhere that Broadfoot may be the poorest footballer to ever play in a European final. Despite it being for us it is actually difficult to argue against it. 

Nuno Capucho won one! Fucking glad he did as well.

Leipzig have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 8 games at home and missing 2 of their main CB's seems like it'll give us some chances. Just have to hope to fuck whoever they drop to actually takes them.

That Nkunku has 10 goals in 10 games across the Champs and Europa league this season. 

If I was objectively betting, given we've only won 1 away all season in Europe, I'd take Leipzig win and btts, Nkunku anytime.

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Leipzig have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 8 games at home and missing 2 of their main CB's seems like it'll give us some chances. Just have to hope to fuck whoever they drop to actually takes them.

That Nkunku has 10 goals in 10 games across the Champs and Europa league this season. 

If I was objectively betting, given we've only won 1 away all season in Europe, I'd take Leipzig win and btts, Nkunku anytime.

Lundstrum has his job there.

We are going 3 - 5 - 2 lundstrum sitting maybe sweeper like at times

Mcgregor

Tav goldson bassey barasic

Lunstrum

Arfield     Jack    Aribo

Sakala              kent

McGregor 

Balogun Goldson Bassey 

Tav Jack Lundstram Davis Barisic 

Sakala Kent 

hasn’t played much but I think a player like Davis with his composure could do us huge favours tomorrow. Also getting Balogun in for no other reason but for an aerial threat defensively and offensively. Drop Kent in behind Sakala and give him free reign of the park. 

31 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Goian scored for Steaua in the semi against Boro.

The local radio commentary for that game is one of the best things in football history

“AND BORO HAVE STUCK A STAKE TO THE HEART OF DRACULA’S BOYS”

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

I think Wright’s willingness to run with the ball (and give our defence a breather) and his directness will see him play a part, probably later on.

And Davis’ composure will be important if we’re under the cosh.

McGregor

Tavernier, Goldson, Bassey, Barisic

Jack, Lundstram, Davis

Arfield

Kent

Sakala

Think we need to go back 3 and get two up top with pace e.g. Sakala and Kent. 

They’re going to press us really high and I’d much rather have Lundstram in front of them so we can use his long passing range. Or we just let Goldson/Bassey play those long diagonals to the two forwards. 

Feel it’s a game we need Borna and Tav for set piece delivery, so I’d get Bassey in alongside Balogun and Goldson as a back 3. 

This will be quite an open game, we could get a bit of a doing or we could dish one out a la Dortmund. But right now, I’d take a draw and get them back to Ibrox!