Should we avoid resting players?

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

We need to rest them but at the same time not give them too much time off - I'd be looking to give the players Gio wants to start in Seville 45 mins on Weds and 45 minutes on Saturday 

That's terrifying. Two games is all that stands between us an a European final and its already felt like 3 weeks have passed since Thursday.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

The celtic game should have no impact on what we do.

I’ve accepted the leagues gone a long time ago I’d just rather be sure it’s mathematically impossible before resting everyone.

4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

I’ve accepted the leagues gone a long time ago I’d just rather be sure it’s mathematically impossible before resting everyone.

Think this is mental tbh. If celtic were getting beat 3 - 0 at half time and we felt the right thing to do was rest key player then we should rest key players.

43 minutes ago, Angus1965 said:

Tav and Goldson should not play on Saturday , surely they can play the young Polish lad at full back and King at centre half , make wholesale changes through out the team against Hearts , as some players like Ramsey need game time . 

Problem with giving Ramsey game time is, it just increases the chance he’ll pick up another injury.  

1 hour ago, Angus1965 said:

Tav and Goldson should not play on Saturday , surely they can play the young Polish lad at full back and King at centre half , make wholesale changes through out the team against Hearts , as some players like Ramsey need game time . 

Polish boy was a first team regular at lech gdansk.

Sad we say polish boy becausr none of us actuallu know his name.

Tav n goldsons incredible run of games is nuts.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

It is mathematically impossible.

When was the last time we scored 19 goals in 2 games?

Assuming that they lose both games by 1 goal. Even if it was by 2, we still ain't scoring 17 to over turn the difference.

I would keep them ticking over similar to the weekend, good use of the 5 subs and game time for fringe players as we can have about 12 on the bench for the final, for Wednesday night.

Sensible conversation should be had with Hearts to put out B teams for the 14th so neither team has any issues for the SCF.

1 hour ago, BlueVanguard said:

I would keep playing the boys we have been doing it the Journey to the final so why change it.

Pretty sure Frankfurt rested a load of players on Saturday against Mocengladbach so hopefully they keep resting players and get complacent :lol:

It’s do or die for them is it not? Are they not like 10th in their league?

I'd give them Wednesday then play a complete different side against hearts. If a severely weakened rangers team beat hearts before the final I reckon it would get into their heads before the cup final too. Or at least I'd hope it would 😂

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Play full team on Wednesday then it’s only a week in between games, reserve team at Tynecastle 

Quite right mate, wouldnt put anything past hertz these days like injuring some of our key players so as they fail to make the cup final.

Sad how far standards have fallen at that club.