Nothing but pride after Rangers four-year Euro journey ends in Seville

The Dude

We were superb in Europe this year our chance last night was Kent right at the end, just wasn't meant to be. Getting to the Final is a massive achievement and we are growing into a better European side. We almost did it last night in 2008 we weren't even in the game. Can't blame the players they just looked nervous as fuck.

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Bassey was getting a lot of plaudits from the English media last night, will do well to keep hold of him and absolutely need to.

He was immense. The things that stood out were his mentality and physicality against top level opposition. He wasn't fazed at all.

10 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

We were superb in Europe this year our chance last night was Kent right at the end, just wasn't meant to be. Getting to the Final is a massive achievement and we are growing into a better European side. We almost did it last night in 2008 we weren't even in the game. Can't blame the players they just looked nervous as fuck.

Our fans at the stadium were so nervous as well, I think because we all knew how massive it was for us.

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Bassey was getting a lot of plaudits from the English media last night, will do well to keep hold of him and absolutely need to.

I honestly don't see him being here much longer he has everything to play with a top team in the EPL, I can see teams like Spurs, Arsenal, etc making moves the lad is that good. When he does go Ihope we get top dollar for him. 

As for the opening post the past four years has defo been the most consistant Rangers have been in my lifetime and I can go back to the late 70s, I really hope we can keep it going for a few more years yet even at Europa league level. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Our fans at the stadium were so nervous as well, I think because we all knew how massive it was for us.

It's one of the disappointing bits of the game. I thought it was BT dubbing us and cranking up the volume of the Germans. I was nervous in the house so I can understand the nerves. Kents chance at the end was the one but there Keeper was immense.

4 minutes ago, HOPLITE said:

I honestly don't see him being here much longer he has everything to play with a top team in the EPL, I can see teams like Spurs, Arsenal, etc making moves the lad is that good. When he does go Ihope we get top dollar for him. 

As for the opening post the past four years has defo been the most consistant Rangers have been in my lifetime and I can go back to the late 70s, I really hope we can keep it going for a few more years yet even at Europa league level. 

I reckon he does one more season here then on for big money.

I don't reckon that we need to spend too much on our rebuild when you consider the talent we have coming through from the youths. King and Lowry have already proven themselves and, with careful nurturing, we could have some great players already at Ibrox.

When we lost Gilmour to Chelsea, we were not a European force or he may have stayed. Patterson might also still be with us if he had been played more often but, as understudy to Tav, a move was probably right for him. Pity it did not work out due to the managerial change but at least we got a decent fee.

I know that we are now a selling club to survive but no longer should EPL or Euro clubs consider us a bargain basement for transfers. Top dollar or don't bother.

CL is huge in the summer.

As things stand we are looking at one of these in Q3

PSV

Midtylland/APOEL/AEK Larnaca or Fenerbache

Sturm Graz

Union Saint-Gilloise

Q4 those same sides but also the possibility of Dynamo Kyiv, Marseille/Rennes/Monaco.

Not going to be easy at all, but we have beaten similar or better sides the last few years. 

42 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

It's one of the disappointing bits of the game. I thought it was BT dubbing us and cranking up the volume of the Germans. I was nervous in the house so I can understand the nerves. Kents chance at the end was the one but there Keeper was immense.

Maybe they were dubbing us, but even just looking at the two sets of fans it was night and day. Frankfurt had visuals (tifo, waving flags, flares). Any time you saw our fans they were just standing/sitting. Even my mum commented on our fans being subdued. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

PSV

Sturm Graz

Union Saint-Gilloise

Q4 those same sides but also the possibility of Dynamo Kyiv, Marseille/Rennes/Monaco.

Not going to be easy at all, but we have beaten similar or better sides the last few years. 

I’ve said before that the scum have made Champions League qualifiers look impossible over the years. They aren’t, our expectation absolutely must be that we will win those two ties after the levels we’ve found in Europe this year. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

PSV

Sturm Graz

Union Saint-Gilloise

Bar the French teams, i’d fancy us against rest.

52 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

and our fans who don’t go to games regularly so don’t know half our songs but many we’re so nervous. I get this we’re only human but it was disappointing. I said the same thing when the scum equalised at Ibrox and that was with our full home support. Having said this, I don’t think the atmosphere at Ibrox against RM will ever be topped and the game against Braga was also closely up there.

12 minutes ago, Madina said:

Maybe they were dubbing us, but even just looking at the two sets of fans it was night and day. Frankfurt had visuals (tifo, waving flags, flares). Any time you saw our fans they were just standing/sitting. Even my mum commented on our fans being subdued. 

It wasn’t dubbing, the heat and dehydration sapped played a part for us but strangely enough not for the Germans 

15 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

and our fans who don’t go to games regularly so don’t know half our songs but many we’re so nervous. I get this we’re only human but it was disappointing. I said the same thing when the scum equalised at Ibrox and that was with our full home support. Having said this, I don’t think the atmosphere at Ibrox against RM will ever be topped and the game against Braga was also closely up there.

If there were a lot of fans there that are not ST holders, or don't go to games, then surely this should be reported to the SLO.

And how are they getting these tickets?