Balogun

6 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Didn't he want to go back to Germany? We offered him a contract, he didn't accept, we move on.

Did we offer him a contract?  I wasn't aware of that.  If true can only assume on reduced terms.  Not that it matters now I guess.

7 hours ago, Creampuff said:

By all reports we offered him a contract so if he’s leaving then he’s obviously either looking for more money or more first-team football. 

Don’t see this as the crisis some seem to.

People going wild that we gave Arfield/Davis a contract, when we might have a couple of midfield departures in the Summer. Yet disappointed when we move on an albeit decent injury prone defender in a position we are more than covered in.

4 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Michael Beales looking to take Him to QPR. Wish him all the best Baloguns been a Terrific player been sad to see him go.

Be a good signing for QPR but to say he's been terrific is a bit OTT to be honest. Been a bombscare at times for us.

Always sad when a good guy leaves but the old cliche of “no sentiment in football” needs to apply. 

i don’t believe we are being ruthless enough, Davis and McGregor should also have gone with our thanks and we should be concentrating on the future.

7 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Always sad when a good guy leaves but the old cliche of “no sentiment in football” needs to apply. 

i don’t believe we are being ruthless enough, Davis and McGregor should also have gone with our thanks and we should be concentrating on the future.

I tend to agree with this. Balogun probably earned a contract.

McGregor and Davis as the brilliant servants they have shown., are stifling an up and coming brilliant new star.

What would McCrorie think of McGregor resigning or McCann or Lowry with Davis' new contact signing? It must deflate their aspirations.

I understand McGregor and Davis still want to live the dream (and they are decent) but there comes a time when the torch needs to be passed. That is what life is all about.

Rangers showed no loyalty to Balogun despite his love for the club, but Davis & McGregor receive loyalty because of their years at the club. 

I suppose it comes down to a debate about signing all three based on ability, and there is a convincing argument for signing all three based on ability.

Personally, a club the size of Rangers should not be signing 38 & 40 yr old players.

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor and Davis as the brilliant servants they have shown., are stifling an up and coming brilliant new star.

What would McCrorie think of McGregor resigning or McCann or Lowry with Davis' new contact signing? It must deflate their aspirations.

I understand McGregor and Davis still want to live the dream (and they are decent) but there comes a time when the torch needs to be passed. That is what life is all about.

Rangers showed no loyalty to Balogun despite his love for the club, but Davis & McGregor receive loyalty because of their years at the club. 

I suppose it comes down to a debate about signing all three based on ability, and there is a convincing argument for signing all three based on ability.

Personally, a club the size of Rangers should not be signing 38 & 40 yr old players.

I really don't think it's about loyalty. More about contractual circumstances and what rhe club believe that player can offer for another 12 months (including avoiding injuries).

We are contracted to paying Goldson, souttar, King, Simpson,Helander, Katic as things stand. We also have cover in Bassey, even Lundstram, and apparently Sands.

Perhaps if Simpson, Katic, Helander had been moved on or were the ones out of contract then we'd have offered him. But they're not. And it would therefore be madness to use the budget to keep him on when the CH position is stacked.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a CH late this summer as I imagine we'll be working to move at least 2 of the 3 mentioned out the door.  But until we can, things need to be as they are as other positions need the focus and spend more urgently.

12 hours ago, Essandoh said:

He deserves a good move

Big man speaks with such intelligence I’ll be stunned if he doesn’t have a career in coaching or even management once he’s done playing

Pleasure having someone of his professionalism at the club, the attitude of a player that Struth himself would be proud of

Was he not raised in Germany? Played there I know that.

id imagine professionalism, dedication and attitude are very high morals over there.

Very likeable young man, and a very honest pro.

Was a pleasure to have him here, especially as I believe he cost nothing to sign? I could  be wrong though.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Totally get where you're coming from , but the key question should be who's the best player.  

Play c....c , or a CL qualifier , who would you prefer in your midfield Davis or McCann ? For me , at this point,  it's got to be Davis , who I thought finished the season strongly . 

There will come a time , very possibly sometime this season , when you may pick the opposite , and Lowry is certainly close to it , but that will be the time when the torch should be passed.  

I never realised he was offered a contract as going by his own words he clearly wanted to stay at the club......obviously either wasn't offered enough money or was going to be very limited game time.

1 hour ago, Camshy said:

I never realised he was offered a contract as going by his own words he clearly wanted to stay at the club......obviously either wasn't offered enough money or was going to be very limited game time.

If you're going on the above posts I'd take that with a grain of salt.