Kent & Morelos

Clemdog

We’re over reliant on them. Nobody has been brought in to challenge them. Every forward player we have brought in since Kent has been a squad player at best. We should’ve been spending our budget on that area not on the defence. Balogun was adequate in my opinion and never really let us down.

Lafferty, Sadiq, Hastie, Jones, Barker, Ojo, Itten, Sakala, Wright

Thats a horrific roll call of forward players and highlights the lack of investment in this department. Hopefully not going to add the new boys to that but the early signs aren’t great. 

1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

I hope tonight acts as a catalyst to progress contact talks and get them tied down to new deals ASAP.

I hope they aren’t waiting on making their decision on getting champions league or not, if they have that ambition. Still need to have interest to tempt them elsewhere though. 

Folk saying we rely on Morelos too much, he's the talisman of the team, you're going to rely on him the same way most teams rely on their main striker, it's perfectly normal to rely on him.

Kent is key too though, both of the will get mor money down south but I don't see sny of them at top clubs, they'd be at bottom hal clubs at best smd they'll never get the best out their abilities scrapping around for 0-0s at Crystal Palace or Bournemouth 

10 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Anyone who think Morelos wouldn't have made a difference tonight is fucking at it.

Morelos would have ragdolled their back line and kept them penned in and freed up our midfield to provide service.

Reality is they were under no pressure centrally all night so pushed us out wide time and again and dealt with numerous pish crosses.

We are so easy to nullify any threat it is scary.

14 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Folk saying we rely on Morelos too much, he's the talisman of the team, you're going to rely on him the same way most teams rely on their main striker, it's perfectly normal to rely on him.

Kent is key too though, both of the will get mor money down south but I don't see sny of them at top clubs, they'd be at bottom hal clubs at best smd they'll never get the best out their abilities scrapping around for 0-0s at Crystal Palace or Bournemouth 

He seems to be picking up a lot of injuries missed the end of last season and now he's injured again :ang:

Alfie can play up front on his own in a way not many players can and has a track record of scoring away from home in Europe. A fully fit Alf could have made a difference last night and nicked a goal from nothing.
He is one of our star players along withKent and Tav. Offer him the money and get him signed up.