*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

35 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

IMG_20220809_183459.jpg

Not sure about the team selection today.Ā  I'm glad Kent is back and Tillman is starting but Arfield starting feels like a huge gamble and not sure I can understand why Barisic has been selected ahead of Ridvan when we know Barisic struggles in games like these.

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Nah

I stuck a tenner on us to win it after we struggled to get past Alashkert, dreams more than expectations at the time.

I donā€™t see it being an impossible task now, itā€™ll come soon.

I donā€™t see how we are going to have any control with that line up... one extreme to another. Ā We needed Kamara or Davis in there to calm things down IMO. Ā GVB has shocked us before with his choices and itā€™s worked though.

my main concern is Colak being isolated... Roofe or Morelos would fill me with much more confidence.

3 minutes ago, shaka said:

Not sure about the team selection today.Ā  I'm glad Kent is back and Tillman is starting but Arfield starting feels like a huge gamble and not sure I can understand why Barisic has been selected ahead of Ridvan when we know Barisic struggles in games like these.

Yilmaz didn't fill me with confidence the other day. Reckon he needs some time to settle in

11 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Finances mean that the Champions League has to be the aim every single season but I absolutely love the Europa League

As for being competitive it is 100pc our level .Champions League is purely financial.Ideally get to CL and get a 3rd place .But even that would prove difficult with some of the groups .

Just now, RWB72 said:

Yilmaz didn't fill me with confidence the other day. Reckon he needs some time to settle in

I thought he looked more proactive in attack than Barisic has for a very long time.Ā  You might be right and he needs time to settle but I think we need him as soon as possible because Barisic never seems to show anything when we really need him to.

4 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

What bollocks. Ā Barisic has turned up for us time and time again in Europe. Ā He has laid on some great assists and we need goals tonight. Ā Ridvan has shown us nothing yet.

It's been a while since we've seen that version of Barisic in my opinion.

C'mon Rangers let's kick off this season tonight!!looks like Tillman and Lawrence will be attacking midfielders andĀ  Lawrence will swap with Kent will come inside, same with Arfield will swap positions with Tillman will assist Colak. Think we'll do it 3-0 Gers šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§