*****The Official Rangers v PSV Eindhoven Thread*****

G.E.C.

3 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I just feel we're too lackadaisical at defending or attacking corners.

It's just half arsed fucking laziness.

We’ve been terrible scoring from and defending corners for years under Gerrard and now Gio. Bartley on SSB reckons our zonal marking will take time but will work, problem is we don’t have time to qualify for the CL

7 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I just feel we're too lackadaisical at defending or attacking corners.

It's just half arsed fucking laziness.

You just goldson.

Hope to see the mould broke and a pairing of maybe soutar and davies or davies and helander.

Goldson for being injury free has had a free reign for many years of half arses degending and kamikaze stuff at the back.

On 17/08/2022 at 09:03, Vision said:

giphy.gif

Looks like the balls hit his hand twice in that gif, the ref should have at least had a look.

VAR not been kind to us this season

Penalty imo

Just seen this gif on Twitter and I agree I think it’s a penalty. 

5 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

We’ve been terrible scoring from and defending corners for years under Gerrard and now Gio. Bartley on SSB reckons our zonal marking will take time but will work, problem is we don’t have time to qualify for the CL

As has been said many times before, zones don’t score goals - players do.  Man for man at set pieces is a must for me.

11 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Goldson is good defender football wise but for a centre half doesn't win enough battles in the air, thought Soutar was the man for the job but he's one of the most injury prone in the league he'll never get a run of games. 

Glad Goldson stayed but I wasn't that bothered he was going because of his heading ability.

Sorry pal, obvs you & Connor think he's a good defender, but I think he's ever-inceasingly becoming a bit of a liability. 

When he re-signed, I was pleasantly surprised, now I'm not so sure. Hopefully he can turn things round dramatically.

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

Just seen this gif on Twitter and I agree I think it’s a penalty. 

VAR used the other camera angle (Govan Stand end) which made it look like the ball hit further up the arm. 

Unfortunately for us. I was convinced we should have had the penalty. 

Which again shows that VAR is not accurate enough to stop mistakes.

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

VAR used the other camera angle (Govan Stand end) which made it look like the ball hit further up the arm. 

Unfortunately for us. I was convinced we should have had the penalty. 

Which again shows that VAR is not accurate enough to stop mistakes.

That’s a problem if VAR only use one or 2 camera angles for instances like this. 

All well and good looking back at what we should have done at Ibrox.

How do we improve our defensive frailties at corners / set pieces ?

PSV are masters of capitalising on these situations.

I'm confident we will score over there.....I'm less confident of a clean sheet.

16 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

You just goldson.

Hope to see the mould broke and a pairing of maybe soutar and davies or davies and helander.

Goldson for being injury free has had a free reign for many years of half arses degending and kamikaze stuff at the back.

Mental. Souttar isn't half the defender Goldson is and Helander is made of plastic. Cunts having it in for Goldson 3 games into the season.

On 17/08/2022 at 21:57, HuistraHairDo said:

We are crying out for a ball winner in both boxes at set plays, not so much in attacking sense but when you have someone who wins every header it eases so much pressure in defence, and if the same player attacks a corner it frees up more space for the strikers.

Goldson is good defender football wise but for a centre half doesn't win enough battles in the air, thought Soutar was the man for the job but he's one of the most injury prone in the league he'll never get a run of games. 

Glad Goldson stayed but I wasn't that bothered he was going because of his heading ability.

Really hope Helander can get back to full fitness and cement his place but I really fear for this season for us on set plays. 

Liked your post until you mentioned Helander.   He's far too slow and I don't see him getting back up to game fitness. 

1 hour ago, ianb1547 said:

All well and good looking back at what we should have done at Ibrox.

How do we improve our defensive frailties at corners / set pieces ?

PSV are masters of capitalising on these situations.

I'm confident we will score over there.....I'm less confident of a clean sheet.

We will need to score at least two goals which I just can't see happening.  I think realistically we will sit too far back in an effort to play on the break but we can't defend so I can see us conceding at least a couple of goals.   They will be at us from the kick off which is when we are really vulnerable.  They will pump high balls into our goalmouth the whole game.

I hope I'm on here next Wednesday night eating humble pie.

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We will need to score at least two goals which I just can't see happening.  I think realistically we will sit too far back in an effort to play on the break but we can't defend so I can see us conceding at least a couple of goals.   They will be at us from the kick off which is when we are really vulnerable.  They will pump high balls into our goalmouth the whole game.

I hope I'm on here next Wednesday night eating humble pie.

We will need a dortmund away performance to get through. 

9 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Just when you're thinking, "Good to see SAF back at Ibrox". 

thumbnail_image0.thumb.png.c69eeed5c14fb6edef8fc6f1c450117f.png

About to sign for Man Utd then did his acl out for a year but Sir Alex kept his promise to sign him.

Plenty clubs wouldn’t allow that and Van Nistelrooy could’ve disappeared but fair play to Ferguson.

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s because they never stopped from last season and before

Had far more good games than bad..he's a scapegoat same as Tav was for ages. Seem to forget he was pivotal in us getting to the Europa League final.

Nobody at the club is a better defender.

23 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Had far more good games than bad..he's a scapegoat same as Tav was for ages. Seem to forget he was pivotal in us getting to the Europa League final.

Nobody at the club is a better defender.

Helander is , just a shame he's perma injured. Don't get the hate for Goldson at all. If we had a partnership of Goldson Helander all last season we'd have strolled the league.