Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

I reckon Morelos has come back overweight and unfit and management have been aware of this.

We have been dipping him into games in order for him to gain match sharpness, whilst expecting him to round himself into better general fitness over the weeks as a result of day in and day out training,  but perhaps this general fitness hasn't come.

The situation reads this way anyway. 

Morelos came back a month earlier than planned from injury and missed most of preseason.

Fitness complaint here is a complete pile of shite.

Just now, TheKingObv said:

I reckon Morelos has come back overweight and unfit and management have been aware of this.

We have been dipping him into games in order for him to gain match sharpness, whilst expecting him to round himself into better general fitness over the weeks as a result of day in and day out training,  but perhaps this general fitness hasn't come.

The situation reads this way anyway. 

It's fairly obviously the case, and clearly attitude or something else has gotten worse in recent days. But some people would rather believe that Gio is making it up and has an agenda against who should be our best player. 

My take is that this is far more about attitude than fitness (although there is an obvious link between the two)

For a professional player Alfredo spends too much time in nightclubs and parties. Other, more dedicated professionals seem to agree. When we needed 10 fully focussed players giving 110% on Saturday Alfie not only flung a needless and stupid arm but then smiled and laughed on his way off. After the match it was pretty clear that Tav felt pissed off and (not for the first time) let down

A fully focussed Alfredo can be unplayable and our biggest asset.

The other side of him is our biggest liability

If Morelos is finished at the club which is looking more likely then regardless of champions league qualification, we need another striker. Colak becomes no1. Can't rely on Roofe with his injury history and fash obviously isn't fancied. I'd hate to see us in a similar situation as last season. Going in to our biggest game in 10 years without a recognised striker.

PLG comparisons are lazy and unfounded.

My gut wants to tell me that Morelos will have yet another redemption arc where he returns and bangs in goals after dealing with what’s essentially a suspension, but that won’t matter for fuck all if we miss out on the Champions League without him.

Shambles really.

All eyes on Colak and goals from midfield tomorrow night.

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm sure it was briefed at the time that 'senior players' backed PLG too. We go out to PSV and you know where the finger pointing goes.

Absolutely no chance the senior players backed plg over fergie, ffs literally the motherwell game boyd and co were visibly against him