***The Official Rangers vs Napoli Thread***

Dan Deacon

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Well if Rangers are saying there could be policing and resource issues up here i wouldn’t even imagine what London will be like.

What exactly will the additional polucing requirements be on a Tuesday and Wednesday evrning because the Queen has died, versus if she hadn't. I can understand on day of funeral all police leave being cancelled but this Tuesday/Wednesday I dont see the issue. 

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

What exactly will the additional polucing requirements be on a Tuesday and Wednesday evrning because the Queen has died, versus if she hadn't. I can understand on day of funeral all police leave being cancelled but this Tuesday/Wednesday I dont see the issue. 

Her body will still be in Edinburgh on Tuesday then flown down to London. The police operation will be insane 

8 minutes ago, Brubear said:

The Queen will likely still be lying in state through in Edinburgh.

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Her body will still be in Edinburgh on Tuesday then flown down to London. The police operation will be insane 

6 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Sorry, don't buy that. It will require security around her resting place but not sure what more it will be required.  That will not be general police, it will be royal security. 

Police Scotland involved in the 3 way discussion with Club and UEFA. This is normal practice. It is more likely the police want input into when the game will be played if deferred from Tuesday. 

9 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Sorry, don't buy that. It will require security around her resting place but not sure what more it will be required.  That will not be general police, it will be royal security. 

Police Scotland involved in the 3 way discussion with Club and UEFA. This is normal practice. It is more likely the police want input into when the game will be played if deferred from Tuesday. 

Risk of a terror attack will be higher when a head of state dies, the country will be seen as a bigger target and a large football match will be seen as a soft target needing extra security 

18 minutes ago, Brubear said:

There will be thousands going to Edinburgh to pay respects. They've already announced multiple street closures. Police presence will be significant.

My own view is cancellation this weekend is correct, no question. But 3 hours ago our King, addressed the world, one day after his mother passed away. Unfortunately life goes on, so should football. I will be back at work as will many other, why should football be any different?

5 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

My own view is cancellation this weekend is correct, no question. But 3 hours ago our King, addressed the world, one day after his mother passed away. Unfortunately life goes on, so should football. I will be back at work as will many other, why should football be any different?

Police will not want the game to go ahead. Today's nothing statement was basically a warning for those making plans to attend.

16 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

If the policing can be done it should be going ahead imo

28 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

The police operation is going to be mammoth. The news stated that you will have folk from all over the planet flocking to the country over the next ten days to pay their respect and basically witness a major historical moment of our  times.

many have mentioned heightened terror alert that brings , also Napoli fans have quite a reputation so no doubt a major police operation was already in place for getting them to and from the ground . The police will be reviewing just how stretched they are to probably successfully be able to keep that side in order on top of everything else that will be going on that day 

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Fuck knows when this gets played if it gets cancelled, which I expect it to. There isn't a fee slot with this winter World Cup. Not sure what they'll do. 

Neither Scotland nor Italy at the World Cup - maybe a rare alignment of the stars?

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m dreading this to be honest. Absolute pumping on the cards, when we’re already near enough rock bottom. 

you think we are near rock bottom? seriously?

where the fuck you been for the past 12 yrs, a bit of perspective ffs.

8 minutes ago, Brubear said:

But players from both us snd Napoli come from countries which have qualified. We could have Sands, Barisic and Colak there at a minimum. 

As it’s us requiring the postponement, I’d suggest we just have to suck that up, or play the fixture as arranged.

What’s your plan?