The other mob

MisterC

2 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

According to fat lad he 'missed a few games last season and they coped'
Curious about season over injury in comparison.

They really didn't cope that great hence why he was rushed back with the facemask.

3 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

He’s their best player and they don’t have anyone who can replace him. I expect they’ll sign someone in Jan (and probably sign well sadly), but we need to capitalise on the next few months

They have Mooy, McCarthy, the new Danish player and that Japanese signing who can play there.

They won't sign anyone permanently imo

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He missed 5 league games.

Lost at Livi, drew at home to DU and they won the other three.

However one of those wins was an undeserved 2-1 at Hearts where Boyce missed a penalty and a 1-0 win at home to DU with an injury time winner.

He's a big loss.

If something happens to Hatate they will be really fucked in the middle of the park. He's not technically the best but him and McGregor are pretty central to the way they play. Struggle to see how they play full throttle without either of them in the middle.

The longer Carter Vickers is out the better for us too. He's back in training apparently but with Jenz and Walsh at the back with Taylor/Ralston I can see them conceding a lot and hopefully that leads to dropping points.

Whatever we think of Starfelt it's clear he's 10 times the player that Jenz and Walsh are.

9 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Nah Jota is their most important, longer McGregor and Carter-Vickers are out the better though.

I think Jota is their most dangerous player but they have a lot of options across the three that even if he isn't playing they are together capable of scoring 5 or 6 goals against most teams in our league. 

But in my view it's McGregor and Hatate that allow them to play the way they do. They both do an excellent job in controlling matches and covering a huge amount of space which allows O'Riley to get forward and play in the spaces behind and their front three don't have to do as much defensive work as ours after the press is played through.