The Billy Boys

ElBufalo20

I know there have been umpteen threads on this over the last few years but after todays events it’s a goer from me to return in domestic games. (I know there was a quick rendition today)
Given the disruption before the game of a religious leader and no doubt no comeback from the SPFL/sfa it’s fair game.

Don’t want any issues from uefa ie stadium ban if sung in Europe but the Scottish authorities have no protocol and opposition fans either given their sudden importance of free speech.

2 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I know there have been umpteen threads on this over the last few years but after todays events it’s a goer from me to return in domestic games. (I know there was a quick rendition today)
Given the disruption before the game of a religious leader and no doubt no comeback from the SPFL/sfa it’s fair game.

Don’t want any issues from uefa ie stadium ban if sung in Europe but the Scottish authorities have no protocol and opposition fans either given their sudden importance of free speech.

It's a 'goer' ? 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Everything became fair play domestically the day they swung blow up dolls with Rangers scarves from their top tier and got away with it 

And one with a sash. The effigies were depicted with hands tied behind their backs. The Scottish media, the silence..

No Surrender.

6 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Greatest song we have 

It definitely is and I would love nothing more than for It to be allowed back but hasn’t this been totally flogged to death?

I sang it myself today but when it got to the “naughty” line I stopped. Many people around me also stopped which, of course, kills the momentum of the song…. but those that continued obviously went with “up to our knees in soap dodgers blood” and despite the insanity of it all, this is what causes the bother.

Until or unless it is challenged in a court of law and ruled that singing this is not illegal, the song is never going to be mainstream again. 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

It definitely is and I would love nothing more than for It to be allowed back but hasn’t this been totally flogged to death?

I sang it myself today but when it got to the “naughty” line I stopped. Many people around me also stopped which, of course, kills the momentum of the song…. but those that continued obviously went with “up to our knees in soap dodgers blood” and despite the insanity of it all, this is what causes the bother.

Until or unless it is challenged in a court of law and ruled that singing this is not illegal, the song is never going to be mainstream again. 

Shitebag 😂

If you’re going to sing it grow a pair and sing it right fs 

Fuck all will happen if we sing it domestically unless we beat the tarriers or they have a bad result elsewhere then we’ll get some bad press for a few days big whoop 🙌 

Best football chant in footballs history they know it everybody knows it that’s why they cry about it and try to make us think it’s banned. 

Uefa are just weak fuds who crumbled to tarrier pressure after initially saying it was ok 

Going to be controversial here but see this attitude of "they've been scum so let's do the same" is embarrassing as fuck.

To be clear I'm not referring to TBB specifically, just this idea that's crept into a few threads of 'fighting back' and 'let's see when it's someone associated with them'.

28 minutes ago, GOAT said:

It’s never stopped 

Used to be belted out at Ibrox every game through the 80’s 90’s and early 2000 mind the first CL season against Marseille and Brugge the CL anthem was drowned out by it, teams lined up facing both standing enclosures with the place absolutely rocking to the Billy boys, what a sight, many a team have crumbled under it. Still gets an occasional airing at Ibrox but nothing like it used to be because people like the poster above are scared to sing ‘naughty words’  aye you’re right it’s never stopped but it’s nothing like it used to be imo