*****The Official Rangers v Liverpool Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I was actually optimistic at half-time. How gullible was !?

i will be 80 yrs young on monday  i never thought i would see the day where rangers lost 7 goals at home after taking the lead disgusted  i think there was at least 7 of that team played in the europa final  never been a fan of gio  but surely thats the last straw

Just now, DerekJohnstone said:

To being still in it at half time, played ok, then conceding 6 in one half.......let me put it another way, if I said to you at half-time, we're getting beat 7-1FT, you'd have laughed. 

I agree with that but we could have lost 10 goals in that second half we were that bad.

And it wasn't even because we were pushing forward and leaving gaps, we were just extremely fucking shit all over the park.

That’s Gio done for me, no excuses anymore. Getting beat by Liverpool is no disaster if its 2 or 3 nill but the way we completely capitulated in the second half was a complete and utter embarrassment. Time for him to go but no doubt our board will do the square route of f all.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree he's losing the fans but see the shite that needs benched, what is actually there to replace them? He started the right team tonight. What more could he have done? Forced subs played a part but the big one in the match thread was bringing on Davis. What were the alternatives because Tillman was a man down last week and Kamara has been pish for over a year now? 

Exactly what is wrong with us, too many fans who accept guys who run about a lot in team.

Just now, DrLaudrup said:

We are like a broken record pulling teeth. Every time we attack teams and move the ball quickly, with a high tempo style we do well. Every time we sit in we are insipid, lack creativity and get done. Yet for some reason the only people that fail to see this is our super tactician management team who insist in destroying the football that brought us success, with mostly these players I might add. 

We don't have the fitness level to play high tempo. Same in defence, players too puffed after 20 minutes to track and stay with runners. 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Goldson does my nut in at times but know way does that second half collapse happen with him on the pitch

Fuck me , this the same guy thats been carnage in so many big games for us since he signed ? That whole backline bar King should be hunted from the club , they have all underperformed for years and the reason we have won next to fuck all in the last 4-5 years.

Less than 6 months ago we were a couple of penalties away from being first seeds in this competition. I dont give a fuck if it was the board, the manager or the players. Granted the CL is a different level - we all knew that. But these results are completely unacceptable, someone has to be held accountable.

3 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Not just that though, is it. 

We where playing really well when Goldson was on the pitch as soon as Goldson came off you could tell the players and the tempo dropped.

Feels like a kick in the gut.

When we played Napoli we where playing well until Sands got sent off then tonight playing well until Goldson who never gets injured comes off Injured.

I felt a hole drop personally when Goldson came off. The last thing you want is your vice captain and the rock of the defence coming off and replaced by a young lad in a champions league game against Liverpool with Bobby Firminho and Darwin Nunez coming towards you. 

Just now, billscott said:

i will be 80 yrs young on monday  i never thought i would see the day where rangers lost 7 goals at home after taking the lead disgusted  i think there was at least 7 of that team played in the europa final  never been a fan of gio  but surely thats the last straw

I'm in my late fifties mate and tonight is a new low for me. 

Happy Birthday mate.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We mock that other mob but we should be heading to car park demanding the heads of Robertson, Wilson and Gio.

If not, they’ll have it their way until they go.

A fucking disgrace of a club bar the fans.

I fully agree, but I fear it will have to get much worse for that to happen.

Fuck knows how we regroup for Sunday? :sad:

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

You'll have seen a lot of highs and lows in your time Bill. Where does Europe this season rank in your time watching us?

It's the worst i've seen in my 40 years. Juventus at Ibrox in the mid / late 90's was bad (1-4 game), but we were outclassed rather than gutless, which we appear to be now.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

😂 Where did I say even remotely that?

You’re making excuses for a manager when there are none. I’m saying it’s like when teams are announced an posters say “aye but he’ll give 100 percent” when it should be a pre requisite. 

There’s no excuses, the manager should be binned  by tomorrow lunchtime by latest.