*****The Official Motherwell v Rangers Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Very often its the opposite thats true. There is a theory that gifted players dont have to think so much about the game and dont understand the limitations of other lesser players. Dont really know but ive heard it said a few times.

I would say that makes sense but for the gifted player whilst playing his game 

20 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Made about a 50 yard run to close the keeper down near the end. Think the look of lathargy is maybe decieving with him. 

Thought he had a good game

Yeha and worked hard to steal the ball 5 /6 times. Being sharper that the opposition. 

New County, young boy in a team lacking confidence and a direction.

Won us the game today. 

Really tough watch that today but unfortunately has been a recurring theme under Gio’s reign. 

I think a lot of us have lost patience with Gio,that we are just waiting for the next draw domestically or loss in Europe before things get really toxic.

Could he survive a pumping by Napoli for example? I just feel the more games we have under him, the more the season becomes a write off - which is a strange feeling after a win today but the bigger picture is I have no confidence in him delivering a league title for us this season or any season. 

Didn’t think today was going to be a classic with a lot of bruised ego’s from Wednesday but that was especially poor, all I can say is thank god for the win and the three points. Something I feel is a massive problem under Gio is our midfield, virtually nonexistent. So many times our centre backs or full backs have the ball and there’s absolutely no options in midfield. Our movement off the ball is statuesque at times, seen more off the ball movement at walking football.  

9 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

neither would i so i dont know why you're coming away with a response like that

Well you asked if Gio would do and I said no. The only way he was going to get removed was if we lost  today, I don't think the board would do anything even if we had drawn. I should add we are so poorly run at board level I am not sure if a defeat would have made them do anything.

I doubt many of us who tried to back him because we wanted him to be the manager a year ago have not changed their minds now. The first half today was dire and only the two goals made the second half any better.

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Are you saying i don’t have a basic understanding of football? 

I'm saying for a professional footballer, or an ex-professional, you want to stop that situation unfolding 15-20 yards further back - regardless of what league you play in or commentate on.

Craigan, as much as he's brutal to listen to, is spot on. 

13 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣

Listen i don't mind you having a pop. It's funny and I'm big enough and ugly enough I can take it. This is the first season in a loooong time I've no had a season ticket. Talked about it quite openly start of the season on here. I gave my ticket up to spend more time with my kids when the wee man was born this year. Do I miss it? Fucking right but i'm sure I'll be back as soon as I can get the 3 year old and 7 month old st's.

But...lots of folks simply canny go to games for different reasons. Family, health, financial whatever. But sure as shit they're no less of a Rangers fan than you. I've seen my auld man full on cry when we got promoted back to the big league. Never owned a season ticket in his life. Love to see you tell him he's less of a fan.

I don't dislike anyone on here. Aye I've got different views and I butt heads but I 100 percent regard you as a complete banger. You're full of so much shite I doubt you know the truth and anyone trying to belittle a fellow fan who can't attend games honestly smells like shite. You belong at the other half of Glasgow.

Well put 👏 

As bad a first half performance as you can get. Very disjointed and just not a lot happening. 

Lovely piece of magic from Tillman to get us ahead and we looked better from then on. Really stupid goal to lose and a nervy finish.

Our game management in that period was really poor and its something that could really cost us.

Happy with the 3 points and I'd say our points tally and the amount of games we've won is suffice after 10 games. The league, so far, looks like how I expected with us and celtic being too strong against the rest and it coming down to the head to head.