Tillman

RFC55

A quiet game tonight for the most part, but he is a superstar in the making and is starting to produce the goods at the right times. All it takes is one moment, a true sign of a winner.

Looks like posters are coming on board to Tillman. I haven't heard him being called lazy in a while which was always bullshit anyway.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

A quiet game tonight for the most part, but he is a superstar in the making and is starting to produce the goods at the right times. All it takes is one moment, a true sign of a winner.

Looks like posters are coming on board to Tillman. I haven't heard him being called lazy in a while which was always bullshit anyway.

It absolutely was not!! 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think it's a matter of people coming around to him, it's down to him to improve his game and change people's opinion.

There have been numerous games where he's been a complete liability and like playing with 10 men. There's also been games where he's been great. It's on him to put the effort in and become consistent.

He was solid if not spectacular tonight but didn't get caught on the ball or give it away much either.

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Did you completely ignore @falkirkNSlast night? He never quit having a go :lol:

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Tillman is the most Marmite player I think I've known in recent times.

I think he's crap.

Game after game he stands static for the most part in the middle like an obstacle whilst the match goes round about him.

He got two assists v Hibs and it was his skill and endeavour that lead to the winner last night. 

18 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I like Tillman but I thought he was very quiet for the first 60 minutes . 

But then again , so were most the team . 

You must have missed his moment of brilliance bud in the first half were he somehow got past there defender in the box to set up Morelos unfortunately he didn't finish it off to make it 2-0

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I think he's crap.

Game after game he stands static for the most part in the middle like an obstacle whilst the match goes round about him.

Crap? He’s dug us out of a hole in the last 2 games! Never mind basically getting us into the champions league.

He potentially looks slow on the ball but he’s got that bit of inventiveness that no one else does.

He’s a great player.

6 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I don't think it's a matter of people coming around to him, it's down to him to improve his game and change people's opinion.

There have been numerous games where he's been a complete liability and like playing with 10 men. There's also been games where he's been great. It's on him to put the effort in and become consistent.

He was solid if not spectacular tonight but didn't get caught on the ball or give it away much either.

What, you mean a young player with virtually no first team experience before this season is improving? I'm shocked. 

I think it's more a matter of people making too many sweeping early judgements of a young, inexperienced player.

4 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I think he's crap.

Yet he's created three outstanding chances from three superb pieces of play, having been pivotal offensively last game v Hibs including two assists. 

I don't think 'crap' feels like a balanced view. Feels like maybe you've made your mind up on this 20 year old rather early and are going with it.

Let's just repeat. Over the last two games, a 20 year old that's played just north of 30 top tier games in his entire career, including substitute cameos, has created the most clear cut chances in the last two games v Hibs and Aberdeen and without him we probably wouldn't have won. Not crap.

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He looked a lot quicker last night. Especially in the first half.

Seems to have the knack of producing something memorable in most games he plays in even when he’s not been at his best.

Said in an earlier post. We’ll regret it if we don’t sign him. 

He is becoming more and more important. Infuriating a lot of the time but brilliant moments at key parts of games. He’s involved in most of the (limited) good stuff we do.

He was superb for that 3rd. Most of our players would have tried to smash it across at the first chance but he worked it and worked it brilliantly then when you see it in slow motion he’s putting a bit of back spin on the cross - not enough pace for a defender to get good distance on a clearance. Keeper doesn’t get it so it’s either going for a corner or dropping in the box. 
He’s an incredibly clever player. We are struggling at the moment but the likes of Roofe, Lawrence and Hagi would benefit hugely from him and he would feed off them too. 
Just need bodies back pronto 

34 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

@falkirkNS is a football expert and will disagree with your post

Tam, hes a player but a frustrating one!

If he can shrug off the slow motion and giving the ball away then i will agree.

He makes things happen yes, but we have to carfy him alot too. I believe lowry could do the same job at a higher pace.