Tillman

RFC55

8 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Telll you what, he wins and fights for the ball an awful lot for someone loads of people think is a big jessie that doesn’t try :lol:

hes only added this to his game since beale, bit more so the past few weeks, up until december never showed this at all. 

Based on that which you need for the spl, i would sign him yes.

3 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

hes only added this to his game since beale, bit more so the past few weeks, up until december never showed this at all. 

Based on that which you need for the spl, i would sign him yes.

Was of the same opinion as you regarding how lazy this boy was , hes obviously listening to somebody. Has upped his game and work rate big time.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I think he’s upped it big time under Beale, but I also think some of the shouts about being lazy were way over the top too.

I don't think that's down to anything he has done - I just think the system Beale picks plays to Tillman's strengths a lot more than Gio's, starting as an '8' but having the freedom to drift into his natural '10' position with Kent/Morelos/Sakala all close for high intensity passages of play

I see him chasing the same balls down he was doing against PSV back in August

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

your opinion no worries

Malik Tillman got us into the CL by closing down the PSV centre-back earning the club millions in the process, it's not opinion it's based on his performance in games

I wish I had access to Sofascore data so I could present it here

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think he’s upped it big time under Beale, but I also think some of the shouts about being lazy were way over the top too.

Couldn't partly be that he's just naturally over the space of his first 6 months of top flight football become more understanding of how to do certain things? He's always worked hard at pinching the ball, he's just becoming that bit better at picking his opportunities to do it and so becoming more successful at it.

It's been a constant upwards trajectory for him from the start. Beale coming in as a better coach with the team set up better to play good, short football has probably only steepened the trajectory.

People, as often, were very impatient with a young kid in his first top flight season, with very few pro games under his belt. 

Just now, Inigo said:

Couldn't partly be that he's just naturally over the space of his first 6 months of top flight football become more understanding of how to do certain things? He's always worked hard at pinching the ball, he's just becoming that bit better at picking his opportunities to do it and so becoming more successful at it.

It's been a constant upwards trajectory for him from the start. Beale coming in as a better coach with the team set up better to play good, short football has probably only steepened the trajectory.

People, as often, were very impatient with a young kid in his first top flight season, with very few pro games under his belt. 

Patrick Caskie got asked the other day how Tillman's running stats compare to prior to Beale and his response was "slightly better".

This was a stat from November (pre-Beale):

I also saw someone post a graphic up which had Tillman's defensive stats compared to Jack and Lunny, who are clearly in the team to perform defensive roles and his stats mirrored theirs. I have never once heard someone on this board call Jack lazy

This idea that Beale has come in and all of a sudden Tillman is working much harder than he was just isn't backed up by the stats. I said above the reason why I think he is more involved in games (and therefore appears to be playing better) is because of the system we now play, as you have also touched on

From Tillman's first 9 competitive games as a Rangers player, in a new country in a new system quite often being played out of position by Gio at RW:

Tillman has made some crucial defensive contributions by winning 42% of his duels. He also averages three interceptions per match and 5.5 recoveries per 90 minutes, with more than 50% of the recoveries coming in the attacking half. In the last match against Ross County, Tilman made eight recoveries, and six of them came inside the opposition’s half. His work rate is high, and he is appreciated by the Rangers faithful.

til2.png

The funny thing is, it was Tillman's *other* creative stats which were poorer then than they are now, his pass completion rate was lower etc, Beale has managed to get more out of him on that front

57 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

From Tillman's first 9 competitive games as a Rangers player, in a new country in a new system quite often being played out of position by Gio at RW:

til2.png

The funny thing is, it was Tillman's *other* creative stats which were poorer then than they are now, his pass completion rate was lower etc, Beale has managed to get more out of him on that front

No comeback to this.

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

til2.png

Unbelievable that people can’t see he’s been consistently our best player this season. Worth every penny, get him signed. 

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I think his natural inclination was a bit more laid back, but Beale seems to be working on his off the ball play, pressing and awareness, and its paying dividends. 

Has a great end product as well.  Signing him is a no brainer and must be a priority.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Malik Tillman got us into the CL by closing down the PSV centre-back earning the club millions in the process, it's not opinion it's based on his performance in games

I wish I had access to Sofascore data so I could present it here

The way Kent (always a hard worker too) and Tillman closed down Hetate and McGregor at Ibrox is massively overlooked.

Really think the difference is we are now playing a lot narrower. It’s a lot easier to find a pass if players are closer together. Also easier to hunt the ball down in packs meaning easier to turnover possession. Under Michael Beale our midfield is tighter and the movement upfront is brilliant. Tillman will thrive in this system. His confidence will grow game by game. He has so much potential. 

Beale said

“There's a fee agreed. Everything is in place. You get the season out of the way then you sit down and talk to everybody and try and get it done.”

“If it was on my decision and Rangers' decision we would have him here for the long term. He's a player that we like and a boy that's settled in really well at our club. At 20 years old he's got a really exciting future”