*****The Official Rangers vs Aberdeen Match Thread*****

12 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:
2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Strange that Ajax don’t seem to have a game this weekend 

Obviously shitting it in case we beat them 8-3 mate. 

With the benefit of hindsight, having that game today instead of resting was undoubtably the better option. Whilst I would not bet as much as tuppence on beating Ajax by 5, I would be confident of beating them on the night. Bring it on.

3 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

With the benefit of hindsight, having that game today instead of resting was undoubtably the better option. Whilst I would not bet as much as tuppence on beating Ajax by 5, I would be confident of beating them on the night. Bring it on.

scenes when big Bassey knocks on an o.g. to make it 5-0 in injury time 😂

doubt it really but let’s leave the CL on a high please Rangers 

30 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

I am more confident of getting a result after today. I'd be happy if we won 1-0 and salvaged a wee bit of pride tbh. 

My money is on 6-1 Tav first goal scorer because the odds will be crazy and I have a spare quid in my betting account. 

26 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Beating Ajax during the week would be a tremendous confidence booster.

I definitely think the European trouncings have rattled confidence big time.

Had we been better prepared against Ajax first time round it may have proved a better campaign we certainly played well against Napoli up until the decisions changed the game likewise Liverpool where the stupid errors of judgement cost us.

I still think the Malmö tie loomed large in their thoughts confidence should have been sky high going into this season's CL campaign on the back of our EL run but ultimately the inept performances have been our undoing the last few months home and abroad.

4-1 flattered sheep. When all the negativity is removed from our play and the squad are allowed to play their way we are a joy to watch. 

High press and always playing the ball forward between lines is the way to keep opponents on the back foot. Too soon to say that Gio has turned the corner but he now has food for thought. Nothing wrong with our squad when they are allowed to express themselves.

Ajax next and why 5-0 or so is not going to happen put aside if we set about them in the same way I can see us getting a bit of respect and the 3 points.

Way better of course but I would like to understand why we can't have these kind of performance more often. I get why we can't against Napoli or Liverpool but domestically we should do that week in week out, it should be the standards, our standards.

Enjoyed that yesterday which is a lot more than i can say for most of the season so far. You can only go on the latest performance and if they could continue like this then you never know, Gio might just turn things round. It certainly proves this team have it in them. 

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

4-1 flattered sheep. When all the negativity is removed from our play and the squad are allowed to play their way we are a joy to watch. 

High press and always playing the ball forward between lines is the way to keep opponents on the back foot. Too soon to say that Gio has turned the corner but he now has food for thought. Nothing wrong with our squad when they are allowed to express themselves.

Ajax next and why 5-0 or so is not going to happen put aside if we set about them in the same way I can see us getting a bit of respect and the 3 points.

Yep, it was good to see the team play with the shackles off. 

1 minute ago, BlueboyG said:

How can folk say Kent was shite yesterday,  is it because he's been shite and you stick with the narrative. I was at the game and thought he had a good game so I just watched the highlights there and it confirmed what I thought, some folk just post hes shite for the sake of it.

All players gave a good contribution and yes some better than others but they played to a better standard yesterday, thankfully.

Onwards and upwards I hope as we can get £2.5 million on Tuesday with a home win 🙏