Rod Wallace

1 hour ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Im probably wrong but did he play against us for Leeds in the battle of Britain tie? 

Great wee player btw,his scoring record was phenomenal. 

Think he came on as a sub for Leeds 2nd half of the 2nd leg. 

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Recent looking back to the Advocaat time has seen loads of discussions about various strikers and how good they were for us.

Mols, Flo even Amato got big shout outs.

Rod Wallace always seems to fly a little bit under the radar, but could probably put in a claim to have been one of our most successful strikers in modern times.

Does anyone else feel he is somewhat undervalued?

Until you see the chances he missed in big European games, frustrating is the word in those games but otherwise great player.

25 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Correct. Klos was outstanding that night. And also scored against them in the Scottish cup final too.

Great signing

The goal in the Scottish Cup final always stood out to me as we got battered for 90 mins and Rod the prod got us the win. 

Edit: It was the game at the piggery we got battered, got them mixed up coz it was pretty much a title decider, but he scored the winner in both. 

2 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

The goal in the Scottish Cup final always stood out to me as we got battered for 90 mins and Rod the prod got us the win. 

Edit: It was the game at the piggery we got battered, got them mixed up coz it was pretty much a title decider, but he scored the winner in both. 

I’ve always thought he scuffed that shot in that game! 
Who cares I suppose, was a great result! 😁

15 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Recent looking back to the Advocaat time has seen loads of discussions about various strikers and how good they were for us.

Mols, Flo even Amato got big shout outs.

Rod Wallace always seems to fly a little bit under the radar, but could probably put in a claim to have been one of our most successful strikers in modern times.

Does anyone else feel he is somewhat undervalued?

Watching that I'm reminded both of how valuable a player Rod was, and how good a player Gio was.

Gio, shite a manager as he seems to be turning out, is probably the best around midfielder I've seen at Ibrox. Just brilliant. 

12 hours ago, Unionblue said:

scored the winner at the east end dump   one night too,  in a 1-0 win for us after a long time not winning there, if my memory is correct.

It was that win which was our last win there for a good while . That was March 2000 and we didn’t win there again until February 2005 

We were still winning there quite  regularly until that game 

18 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It was that win which was our last win there for a good while . That was March 2000 and we didn’t win there again until February 2005 

We were still winning there quite  regularly until that game 

Our record there this CENTURY is fucking shameful.