Cup final officials

Colin Traive

53 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Walsh is arguably the best there is, and I don’t know why people care about who the 4th official is.

Isn't the 4th official basically the sub for the referees? Oh and taking an earful from the technical areas...other than that do they have an actual job?

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Isn't Roome (sp?) the one who missed three players offside in the 2019 final?

Do a bad job, get rewarded with the next OF LCF.

TBF in real time that wouldn't have been that easy to confidently call offside. There were a lot of bodies all standing in a line IIRC and without the benefit of watching VAR replays about a dozen times would have been a huge call. 

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Walsh is arguably the best there is, and I don’t know why people care about who the 4th official is.

I genuinely hated Walsh a few years back as I believed like Clancy he had an agenda against Morelos, over the last few seasons Walsh has gave me little concern when reffing our games...no doubt others will see different but for me there are plenty worse than Walsh these days

As others have said VAR isn’t the issue, it’s the operators and the tweaking of things like the handball rule that leads to wider debates.

It’s certainly better than hoping that things balance themselves over the season.

Hopefully it gets swifter in the decisive moments and better communication for fans attending the game as the paying customer appears to be the last to know what is actually happening, again not VARs problem but the management of it.

1 minute ago, ayro said:

As others have said VAR isn’t the issue, it’s the operators and the tweaking of things like the handball rule that leads to wider debates.

It’s certainly better than hoping that things balance themselves over the season.

Hopefully it gets swifter in the decisive moments and better communication for fans attending the game as the paying customer appears to be the last to know what is actually happening, again not VARs problem but the management of it.

That final we lost to them was the most sick I’ve ever felt after a game, had VAR been used their goal wouldn’t have stood