General Transfer Talk

Broxi

24 minutes ago, DavieMacRFC said:

He was one of the reasons we got so far last season, played his part in 55, short memories.

And to reply to others ,Tillman has improved under Beale but he is the laziest player I've ever seen at Ibrox.

You don’t understand football if you think Tillman is the laziest player you’ve ever seen at ibrox. 

19 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

It’s pointless discussing Tilman or aribo neither will be Rangers players next season 

Has there been more out on this? I was a bit more optimistic after his interview at the PFA awards. 

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Anybody like the Swedish left winger for AZ Alkmaar about in the leagues in Europe somewhere? Looks to have all of Kent's best qualities and then some.

Apparently Spurs were interested in January. Think he’d unfortunately be out of our price range. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Apparently Spurs were interested in January. Think he’d unfortunately be out of our price range. 

Yeah I googled him during the match and seen that sadly. Must be players like him in bottom end clubs in the Bundesliga or somewhere.

Couldn't have made it clearer what I think of Kent as a player but would happily see him go if he's being replaced with someone I think is better, and think this guy probably is.

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yeah I googled him during the match and seen that sadly. Must be players like him in bottom end clubs in the Bundesliga or somewhere.

Couldn't have made it clearer what I think of Kent as a player but would happily see him go if he's being replaced with someone I think is better, and think this guy probably is.

Been at at a few Bundesliga games at Hoffenheim,  thought that guy looks good etc. Looking up the wages or previous clubs then thought actually no..

Wiĺl be scouting Union Berlin players against Hoffenheim this saturday👍😀👍

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Our fans have serious separation issues when it comes to bang average players, it’s frightening. 

Seemingly with current players too seeing that so many are happy for McCrorie to be our number one next season because he’s done well in limited appearances

I recall hearing this before with McLaughlin

Groundhog Day

7 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Would actually maybe take Fleck and let Lowry go out on loan.

Really want Lowry getting gametime this season, but think he will struggle to get in our team.

Lowry needs to grow some ass. 

He is still built like a boy. 

You are correct, give him time to fill in his frame, get him out on loan.

1 hour ago, Tao said:

Lowry needs to grow some ass. 

He is still built like a boy. 

You are correct, give him time to fill in his frame, get him out on loan.

Sadly our record of putting players out on loan and getting  them returning to play in our first team is abysmal. Adam and McGregor were successful years ago but the majority seemed to be unable to get starts regularly and some like Weston only get on for a few minutes at the end of games.

it is quite sad that in a two team league in this footballing backwater where third place is often 30 to 40 points behind second that we fear giving a  young player any game time even if it is an odd 5 minute spell late in games.

As I said elsewhere it is a good thing the likes of Willie Henderson, Derek Johnstone and many other legends from the fifties and sixties  were  not coming through these days.

2 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Sadly our record of putting players out on loan and getting  them returning to play in our first team is abysmal. Adam and McGregor were successful years ago but the majority seemed to be unable to get starts regularly and some like Weston only get on for a few minutes at the end of games.

it is quite sad that in a two team league in this footballing backwater where third place is often 30 to 40 points behind second that we fear giving a  young player any game time even if it is an odd 5 minute spell late in games.

As I said elsewhere it is a good thing the likes of Willie Henderson, Derek Johnstone and many other legends from the fifties and sixties  were  not coming through these days.

Totally agree dude.

We spend time, effort and precious funds to produce viable contributors and then piss them (figuratively) away.

5 hours ago, docspiderman said:

If we had youth players even half as good as DJ or Willie Henderson they would be getting game time. 

5 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Charlie Adam was shite for us, wouldn’t keep it simple and would always look for the World Cup pass. Hutton was miles better for us than Adam was.

Weston can’t score goals in the championship for a team who score lots of goals, so why would Rangers play him when he can’t do it at the lowly Scottish championship level?

7 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Seemingly with current players too seeing that so many are happy for McCrorie to be our number one next season because he’s done well in limited appearances

I recall hearing this before with McLaughlin

Groundhog Day

In their defence, he might actually be good enough - we just don’t know yet. 

1 hour ago, left winger said:

In their defence, he might actually be good enough - we just don’t know yet. 

I don’t see what McCrorie has done wrong to make so many doubt his potential to be our keeper long term.

He’s done everything asked of him yet some people keep writing him off.

:confused: