General Transfer Talk

Broxi

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not really, davie Robertson barely got a cap for scotland, tom boyd got them instead, means fuck all if a manager or few wont pick you

Kinda proves it with Southgate he basically has a preferred settled 11 and rarely deviates too much from it 

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Id respectfully disagree, pickford has a blunder in him every game, 

But with butland, like hart he'll do well if the players in front of him do well, no surprise harts been shite since vickers went injured 

He's also got the baby arms.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Does he? He’s been unreal for England and Everton for a couple of years. 

Just anytime ive seen games with him, his distribution etc and at times he's looked erratic 

Other times he's a tremendous keeper, and a lot of them are erratic i suppose, i just dont rate him as highly as others, he's still at everton for a reason maybe

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Kinda proves it with Southgate he basically has a preferred settled 11 and rarely deviates too much from it 

It can work but then you'll take massive flak if someone isn't performing but continually plays

Then again what do we know, southgate has mcguire playing like prime maldini, at club level mcguire plays like a fucking blackpool donkey lol

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Does he have some kind of infectious disease?

:pipe:

No, but a red flag and I’d have my “Butland oot” placard already made.

Yellow flag means that I’ll give him a chance but that I have more reservations than the Sioux and Cheyenne combined.

Regards pre season friendlies I think we are Hoffenheim opposition for late July. Bonus the opposition normally stay in Bad Rappeneau before a game against Hoffenheim. If that is true, only talked about at this point, would be the Hoffenheim " season opener " game. They have a fun fair, beer stalls etc. We have the pre season in southern Germany, play this game, then  first Euro qualification game.

Guessing 4 year deal was probably the only way to get him to sign. Beale must have a lot of confidence - be a bit shit if McCrorie ended up being number one and we have our highest earner sitting on the bench for four years 

6 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Guessing 4 year deal was probably the only way to get him to sign. Beale must have a lot of confidence - be a bit shit if McCrorie ended up being number one and we have our highest earner sitting on the bench for four years 

Wouldn’t put it past us!

32 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Mccrorie had me full of hope after Tim game but was VERY underwhelming in the next two , almost like a rabbit in headlights at times.

This has got to be one of the worst takes/opinions I have seen on here in a long, long time!

He conceded 1 goal in the 5 games he started after the split...the goal was scored by Hibs from a corner, after a very good save by him, but I dont think theres any blame on him for that goal. On top of that he made a number of very good saves and was decent with the ball at his feet.

How you have watched those games and felt he was like "a rabbit in headlights" is beyond me.

25 minutes ago, Del said:

This has got to be one of the worst takes/opinions I have seen on here in a long, long time!

He conceded 1 goal in the 5 games he started after the split...the goal was scored by Hibs from a corner, after a very good save by him, but I dont think theres any blame on him for that goal. On top of that he made a number of very good saves and was decent with the ball at his feet.

How you have watched those games and felt he was like "a rabbit in headlights" is beyond me.

He had a really good game v the tims but he had a few very shaky moments in the next 2 games.