Wright and McLaughlin Set to Leave (Daily Record)

Good to have forthright discussions with our players.

If they are unlikely to make the first eleven (or even the bench), best to be straight with them and let them get a head start on finding new clubs.

As others have said, it’s a conversation we need to have with most of the squad so looking forward to hearing who’s next.

The article doesn't really say anything other than the journos opinion that the players "will have a decision to make" as the face limited game time.

That's pretty obvious, Wright already gets limited game time and we're going to sign a new #1 to replace McGregor so this is just a journo putting food on the table, filling space with nothing midweek stories.

Wright's probably on about 6-8 grand a week, where's he going unless we pay him off?

Having read the "article" from it is based on mere speculation by the  "journalist" and has the same merit if a thread had been started on here to say "Beale is ready to clear the decks at Rangers and that also includes players who are still under contract. Wright and McLaughlin fall into that category" 

He could easily have said Lundstram and Roofe for example

So do Wright and McLaughlin have the same agent as that could be where the story comes from?

So Jon you have a year left on your contract and you probably will not get much game time

thats fine I would struggle to get the same wages elsewhere so I will wait it out

pointless article and it’s something that should be kept in house. Just smacks of let’s release something to appease the fans.

18 minutes ago, gj923 said:

So Jon you have a year left on your contract and you probably will not get much game time

thats fine I would struggle to get the same wages elsewhere so I will wait it out

pointless article and it’s something that should be kept in house. Just smacks of let’s release something to appease the fans.

His Mrs is missing down the road so I’d not be certain that he won’t be away.

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

His Mrs is missing down the road so I’d not be certain that he won’t be away.

Fair enough it was more a reaction to the pish poor journalism than anything else

Says who? 

They'll both be on semi decent wages and have at least one more season under contract. We need to find buyers. Both could do a job at a team like Hearts or the likes, but are they really going to offer us and the players acceptable terms? 

File under clickbait as said previously.

Worth noting that the journalist who wrote the article (Scott Burns) is Aberdeen-based, and I could be wrong here but I’m sure he’s close to Kenny McLean who shares the same agent as Wright.

Would suggest that both him and McLaughlin have already been told to find new clubs, which is a positive sign in terms of overhauling the squad and freeing up wages.