Robby McCrorie

1 minute ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Excellent game today, commanded his box well, baffles me why we are looking for a new no1 when we have one ready to step into the position. We of course need another strong keeper to compete but I think McCrorie should be given the chance to lose the shirt.

Based on what?

That was his first game in 2 years and he hardly set the world alight in his loans before that. One half-decent game in which he didn't have a huge amount to do doesn't mean he's ready to be our number one.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

Based on what?

That was his first game in 2 years and he hardly set the world alight in his loans before that. One half-decent game in which he didn't have a huge amount to do doesn't mean he's ready to be our number one.

He does deserve to stay in for the rest of the games , lets see how he does.

7 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Excellent game today, commanded his box well, baffles me why we are looking for a new no1 when we have one ready to step into the position. We of course need another strong keeper to compete but I think McCrorie should be given the chance to lose the shirt.

The problem is Beale took too long to give McCrorie the chance. Five matches isn't enough for him to show he's worth the number 1 jersey.

6 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Based on what?

He was disappointing in his last loan but the one before that he got their player of the season, but people talking him down like to ignore that.

Before those loans he was very highly rated growing up and had some big European Teams looking at him.

He’s looked good in all 3 appearances for Rangers so far so why not give him a go?

We need another GK anyway next season but there’s no reason McCrorie shouldn’t be given the chance to prove himself and battle it out with whoever we bring in.

Its looking likely Butland will be that player and he’s not exactly been successfully for the last 4 or 5 seasons so if McCrorie looks better than him he should keep his place.

Just now, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

He was disappointing in his last loan but the one before that he got player of the season. Before then he was very highly rated growing up and had some big European Teams looking at him.

He’s looked good in all 3 appearances for Rangers so far so why not give him a go?

We need another GK anyway next season but there’s no reason McCrorie shouldn’t be given the chance to prove himself.

It would be far too risky going into next season with him as number one. He's unproven.

I'd be happy with his as number 2 with some cup games and over time he could be for a starting spot but I think he need a more proven number one right now.

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He made a fine save on Duk, but the rest were routine. I won't get too carried away based on that, but he definitely deserves his chance next week, and then continue to judge him from there...

Routine is where we have fell many a time this season, was refreshing to see someone off the line commanding the box

24 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

It would be far too risky going into next season with him as number one. He's unproven.

I'd be happy with his as number 2 with some cup games and over time he could be for a starting spot but I think he need a more proven number one right now.

How will he become a "proven" number one, if we don't give him a chance.

I'd be happy to give him the rest of the season and then whoever comes in is competing with him to be first pick.

32 minutes ago, left winger said:

The problem is Beale took too long to give McCrorie the chance. Five matches isn't enough for him to show he's worth the number 1 jersey.

Even if he had, should have been bringing in a potential No.1 this Summer anyway.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

How will he become a "proven" number one, if we don't give him a chance.

I'd be happy to give him the rest of the season and then whoever comes in is competing with him to be first pick.

By playing the rest of this season and then some cup games next season.

In the same way that we fucked it this season by thinking McLaughlin was good enough to be first pick, we can't do the same with McRorie for next.

If we bring in Butland and McRorie proves himself and takes the starting spot then fair enough, but we can't go into next season with him as our starter and then we have the McLaughlin situation all over again. 

50 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He made a fine save on Duk, but the rest were routine. I won't get too carried away based on that, but he definitely deserves his chance next week, and then continue to judge him from there...

Sums it up perfectly for me. 

Think people are desperate for something to get excited about with us at the moment so there’s been some over the top reactions to his decent performance.