The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

10 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Slept on this now so maybe a bit more rational… 

He’s a useless wank 

We’ll scrape past St Johnstone, Betis will pump us and he’ll make the same shite excuses about jump up in quality, we’ll limp on with the odd good performance then crumble in the league cup at some point then we’ll get pumped at parkhead end of December 

Just fucking pull the plug NOW!

Yes, we have to do it early to have any chance of winning anything.

After reflection, he still has to go. I've never seen a group of players so out of tune with what the expectations are. Yesterday we started two outfield new signings, one of them was forced on him by injury to Barasic. That alone after spending however millions is enough to say cheerio. 

5 hours ago, gmcf said:

I think it's more to do with being in charge . 

Under Gerrard he was certainly a lot more attack minded with a higher press , as was seen on many a successful European night against quality teams . 

I just wonder now being the gaffer , with the buck stopping with him , he plays a lot more cautiously . And it's simply not working . 

I think he's just lost and confused mate. Mind when he came in he spoke about taking the handbrake off..  It's also clear since he returned the level of coaching he's got with him has fell away. 

Unfortunately he won't get sacked and likewise I now can't see him being the right man for the job.

Every test he has had so far , he's failed. Ok last season you can maybe give him some slack given the mess Gio had created.

Early in the season I know but to fail so badly in Europe and also falling on our faces at home against a poor celtic team who had a new defence and players missing its just not acceptable. Why would we just waste time with sticking with Beale when we already know the outcome at the end of the season.....only silverware he has a chance of winning is the 1 celtic are already out.

Take the hit Rangers and get someone in with a clear brand and style of football.

2 hours ago, Rovers51 said:

Why do people keep thinking he won't get sacked? He has too. 

Hate hearing how it l be autumn or Christmas he l limp onto. It has to be now and the sooner everyone realises its now he has to go the better

There’s no way this board after backing him will sack him after 4 league games plus we’ve no money to

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

There’s no way this board after backing him will sack him after 4 league games plus we’ve no money to

Got some sterling players we could offload in Jan who look like they’ll definitely get a good return on what we paid 

It’s still a bloated squad, he said it needed trimmed before the summer. It’s roughly the same size 

He said it was an ageing squad he needed to get the overall age down

He’s still using old guys Roofe 30, Jack 31, Goldson 30, Tav 31, Barasic 31, Lundstram 31, fuck me Dessers is 30 next year, Lawrence 30, Butland (no complaints there). 

The scum had two players over 30 the rest were under 25. (Kyogo is 28)

He said before the summer that the majority of the new players he had a connection in the past to. 
I’m wondering how he knew most of them and it’s worrying that he thought they are good enough. 

He chased Danilo most of the summer spent £6 odd  million on him and hardly plays him. 

He’s got a stupid beer belly that is a bit embarrassing for a manager. 

he likes to say a lot of things that don’t really surface. 

he better get things fucking sorted toot sweet or I’m getting my placards out.  

I am certain of one thing, he will never stand down as manager. I think he still believes nobody could do a better job than himself. Maybe we should change this thread to the “Confidence OF Michael Beale. Despite his appalling start to the season he his super self confident and in no way comes over as someone who gets the gravity of the situation. I actually think he believes the shit he spouts out and has a very inflated view of himself. It seems like he thinks it is the players that need to change and not him. 

I was dead against the Pedro Experiment from the moment his name was first being mentioned, but I must say I was pro us keeping him until the end of the season even though he's was a dead man walking. I then realised that was wrong when we got rid of him. 

I think from that it's clear to see this is only going one way and I don't think there's any realistic prospect of beale being here at the end of the season, successful or otherwise. 

My only question would be are we genuinely going to get someone better in such a short time if we pull the trigger now? I know there's a new manager thread so not trying to mix them up. Not so much which name, but can we really get it turned around quickly enough to make a difference to the season? I'm concerned we'd end up making another mistake if we rush into another appointment. 

17 hours ago, Ivybank said:

I constantly see this "the board have backed him". Have they really though?

Beale already came out and confirmed the money spent was alot less than what's out there. I think there's money stored up for a rainy day ie sacking him.

3 hours ago, JockWallace said:

I am certain of one thing, he will never stand down as manager. I think he still believes nobody could do a better job than himself. Maybe we should change this thread to the “Confidence OF Michael Beale. Despite his appalling start to the season he his super self confident and in no way comes over as someone who gets the gravity of the situation. I actually think he believes the shit he spouts out and has a very inflated view of himself. It seems like he thinks it is the players that need to change and not him. 

That would be a very long name for the thread mate

24 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I constantly see this "the board have backed him". Have they really though?

Beale already came out and confirmed the money spent was alot less than what's out there. I think there's money stored up for a rainy day ie sacking him.

Net spend was relatively low I think. Certainly not ‘the biggest budget he’d ever seen’.

Hope to god the Board see what everyone else does and bin this waster. 

Problem is the board have nailed their colours to the mast with Beale. They’ve given him free reign to sign a bunch of players with no sell on value and weird positions to fit his system.

I’m not even convinced a new manager comes in and turns things around with this lot.

Who are the fantastic players that are underperforming?

The recruitment looks dire. Excluding Butland they are all a downgrade on what we had a few years ago before certain players chucked it.

I really think the team of 2-3 seasons ago would batter this current team. And that’s a depressing thought