The RM Beale poll

graeme_4

The RM Beale poll  

398 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Beale will be a success?

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

I havent been impressed with him so far. Felt it was the easy option to hire him and he hadnt really done anything managerial to warrant such a big job at such an important time.

If we drop more points including the OF game I'd get rid of him. Waiting until its too late like.we did with Gio is not something I want to see repeated 

:848696413_goodpost:

As many have said, I have no idea what it is we’re trying to do. I’d normally say he overthinks this league with tactics, though that’s suggesting we have clear tactics that contradicts my opening sentence. Preseason + Sat = danger. 

We can mock a Mike Bassett approach but I do think we just need to simplify domestic football and just blitz away the shite that’s in this league and stop with multiple DM’s and make the full backs defend. No way he changes though, like Gerrard didn’t. 1 game in is far too early with the changes we’ve made this summer but, if anything else fails to change, it will only end one way and he’s put himself under massive, massive pressure now. 

said in another thread, he needs to shut the fuck up and knuckle down. 

7 minutes ago, Madina said:

I havent been impressed with him so far. Felt it was the easy option to hire him and he hadnt really done anything managerial to warrant such a big job at such an important time.

If we drop more points including the OF game I'd get rid of him. Waiting until its too late like.we did with Gio is not something I want to see repeated 

Gio at least had a Scottish Cup win and a European final the previous season to fall back on as a form of collateral.

Beale doesn't have that kudos yet, so definitely shouldn't be afforded as long.

57 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not really given only 13% have said they think he’ll be a success, 21% if you want to include FFS.

It’s also not been 1 game. He’s been at the club 8 months. 

It’s been one game with this team and not even his first choice 11 has played a game yet.  So to produce this thread after 1 game is pretty wild. 
As I’ve said previously I’m not sure he is the guy but after one game with circumstances being what they are is far too early to judge.

5 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

This is fucking mental.

One game into the season, one fucking game.

Cunts wanting a manager fired over some pre-season fucking friendlies and one game on a shite pitch.

Get a fucking grip people.

We had a thread wanting a manager out who was on course for a euro final, threads like this are no surprise tbh

3 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

It’s been one game with this team and not even his first choice 11 has played a game yet.  So to produce this thread after 1 game is pretty wild. 
As I’ve said previously I’m not sure he is the guy but after one game with circumstances being what they are is far too early to judge.

And what is his first choice 11? Do you think he even knows because starting away to fucking killie with 3 sitting mids and no creativity while it all sat on the bench might show that he hasn't a clue about his best 11

4 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

Should’ve played his first 11 then

5 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

As many have said, I have no idea what it is we’re trying to do. I’d normally say he overthinks this league with tactics, though that’s suggesting we have clear tactics that contradicts my opening sentence. Preseason + Sat = danger. 

We can mock a Mike Bassett approach but I do think we just need to simplify domestic football and just blitz away the shite that’s in this league and stop with multiple DM’s and make the full backs defend. No way he changes though, like Gerrard didn’t. 1 game in is far too early with the changes we’ve made this summer but, if anything else fails to change, it will only end one way and he’s put himself under massive, massive pressure now. 

said in another thread, he needs to shut the fuck up and knuckle down. 

Your overthinking tactics is spot on imo. Cliche as it is the game is relatively easy and you can imagine Beale talking the hind legs off a donkey getting his ideas over.

What I really struggle with is Beale is credited with being a great coach but that must be small drills because as a team we look clueless. The mids/forwards have no understanding - Sportscene did a good job of calling this out:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/66423623

The link up play and knowledge of what 'I' should be doing to allow 'him' to do that is completely missing.

11 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

What I really struggle with is Beale is credited with being a great coach but that must be small drills because as a team we look clueless. The mids/forwards have no understanding - Sportscene did a good job of calling this out:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/66423623

The link up play and knowledge of what 'I' should be doing to allow 'him' to do that is completely missing.

It's fairly simple spacial awareness as well.

Our forward 3 were all too static with no fluidity, movement or thought of how to create space for runners. 

9 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I'm in the ffs camp but since we're discussing Beale...wtf is this?

IMG-20230806-WA0004.jpg

I'm reading that we are too narrow, the three strikers are on top of each other, and the passages of play all seem to go through Tav, Goldson and Lundstram, which is worrying. 

What I've been wondering about today, is what the fuck was in his presentation to the players he signed? I don't think Dessers, Danilo or Cifuentes watched a slide show of side to side passing, getting in the road of each other and a final slide that says 'btw Tav takes everything so dont even think about wanting a penalty or free kick'. There must have been some kind of plan that he's sold for the players to buy into what he's saying and what he wants!

2 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

What I've been wondering about today, is what the fuck was in his presentation to the players he signed? I don't think Dessers, Danilo or Cifuentes watched a slide show of side to side passing, getting in the road of each other and a final slide that says 'btw Tav takes everything so dont even think about wanting a penalty or free kick'. There must have been some kind of plan that he's sold for the players to buy into what he's saying and what he wants!

He probably just told them a load of shite, talking shite is his main strength 

I didn't want Beale. We have heavily backed him now so we have to see what happens but first game of the season was dire and a major worry for things to come. He needs to turn it round but I can't see it and that's the problem when we go a season without a trophy no one has any patience when things start to go wrong. 

Obviously, I want him to be successful, because I want us to win everything. Right now, I just can't see it. There's nothing at all that shows me there is a plan, a vision etc that will end up with a league title at the end of the season. I hope to fuck I'm wrong and he turns out to be the best manager we've ever had. 

45 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And what is his first choice 11? Do you think he even knows because starting away to fucking killie with 3 sitting mids and no creativity while it all sat on the bench might show that he hasn't a clue about his best 11

He wont have a 'first 11'.

He is building a squad where multiple players will be in contention for positions. Sometimes it will be Raskin, Dowell and Lundstrum. Other times it will Be Cifuentes, Jack and Cantwell. With multiple other potential combinations involved.