*****The Official PSV Eindhoven v Rangers Thread*****

G.E.C.

I mean they’re a good side but we’re making them look world class here - matondo is the only outball but pace isn’t enough, he can’t beat a man at this level.  We need to stop letting them play long low balls through our entire team, some of it is amateur stuff.

realistically though even if we somehow got the result we’d be minced in the champions league 

1 minute ago, TheKingObv said:

Let's get our £6million signing on eh?

Mental when you think about it.

That we bought him or that we aren’t playing him?

To be fair I haven’t seen anything from him that would suggest he would make a difference. We aren’t getting into a position where he would have a chance to take.

There a better passing team and probably should be beating us with what they've spent don't me wrong but we still have the same big issues

- slow at everything 

- too narrow defensively and our full backs are our weakest area 

- no regular width, I know Matondo has got out a few times and tbf 3 balls that should have played him through never found him but we still don't offer enough natural width for a modern team

- up front is a empty jesery for me gonna take a lot for me to get on board with the forwards

Just now, psb07158 said:

This mob are absolutely average as fuck btw, all the hype around them. Neat and tidy but absolutely pish in the final third where it really counts

If they are average what does that say about us?

I don’t think they are average though, not world beaters but a good European team certainly a step up in quality from our squad.

Just now, Essandoh said:

To what? :lol: 

You trying to say we’ve significantly regressed based on that one half?

We’re playing a quality team and have let ourselves down with final passes, other than that we’ve done pretty well and confidently still in the game

Weve done pretty well, what game you watching ya fantasist

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

This mob are absolutely average as fuck btw, all the hype around them. Neat and tidy but absolutely pish in the final third where it really counts

Nah not for me. They are a good side, some really excellent young players like Bakayoko who have a bit of class about them.

Nothing average about them imo

I get they are wankers and all that but no point pretending  

Let's not kid ourselves PSV have been good and have quality players, but most of this first half performance is on us.  Formation/tactics look all over the place, passing and final ball has been really poor and a few players look out their depth.  We're sitting with 10 men behind the ball and need this to change.