***The official Rangers vs Motherwell match thread***

DiamondDan

I don't think beale even really knows what system he wants. 

We started pre season with two up top before he realised the full backs couldn't give us width. 

Went back to the 4-3-3 we've played before now with limited options for the winger/inside forward positions..

And now we've switched to what a 3-4-3. 

2 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Watching Rangers is a real chore these days. Btw what happened with Matondo i went for a shite. That another one out for a year?

Knee injury. Looked like he played a pass and felt it in his knee so maybe opened it up a bit. He played on for another few minutes before going off which probably wasn't the best idea. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I don't think beale even really knows what system he wants. 

We started pre season with two up top before he realised the full backs couldn't give us width. 

Went back to the 4-3-3 we've played before now with limited options for the winger/inside forward positions..

And now we've switched to what a 3-4-3. 

He's really throwing shit against the wall at this stage.

When Beale came in, I thought he'd probably try to implement the same formation we played under Gerrard. I was a bit worried about SPL teams already knowing how to counter it - as well as relying on an ageing Tav/Borna for crosses until we got to the summer window - but I thought he'd find ways to finesse it. Instead, we've adopted a totally different style that's practically as ponderous, dull, and ineffective as what we had under Caixinha.