Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

5 hours ago, demise said:

For the first time in a long time im actually relaxed that the management is in good hands. Paedos drop points tomorrow and the race is back on. And lets not forget theres 3 OF left. 

As Clemente said "It's a marathon, not a sprint".

We have about 7 weeks to prepare for the filth match.

Hopefully firing on all cylinders by then. 

Even looked like a Rangers Manger at technical area.

What a fucking difference high press with 2 or 3 passes max to get in thier box

Took Geos aside from Europe and Beales (who is by far worste iv known) teams more than that to get out our half.

We won more 50 50 than iv seen in months, all with the hard work off the ball getting it back ASAP.

Must say though, Lammers and Dessers are still rotten. But had an impact obviously. Tells me he can drag everything these players have out them.

5 hours ago, RDB14 said:

I don't agree with some of the personal abuse being aimed at Beale, calling him a car salesman, fraud etc. but it's absolutely damning that a new manager comes in and gets more out of Beales signings on 5 days notice than Beale could over 10-20 match days.  First time we have looked like we had a plan and confidence all season.

He simply wasnt good enough. End of.

Clement however seems the real deal from word go.

Sparta away will be an interesting gauge

6 hours ago, RDB14 said:

I don't agree with some of the personal abuse being aimed at Beale, calling him a car salesman, fraud etc. but it's absolutely damning that a new manager comes in and gets more out of Beales signings on 5 days notice than Beale could over 10-20 match days.  First time we have looked like we had a plan and confidence all season.

To be honest, it happens all the time, any club, any season, we see that.

Very positive start, if the Football side is like this with Clement, I'm in the train.

One thing I noticed, players were running all the time and even at 3-0, 4-0, they wanted to score more goals, and thats the spirit I want to witness week in week out. If he can get that energy from his players all the time, we are in for a fun season maybe. 

Massive difference within the 2 days he's had the full squad.

-Team actually looked to have a shape

-Didn't see players pointing and arguing with each other.

-Work rate highest its been in over a year.

-Midfield snapping into challenges again.

-Playing through the middle of the park instead of constant wide and cross.

-Dessers comments after the match were telling around fitness levels..

Onwards and upwards

31 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Constantly talking about fitness and injuries is really pleasing as well. He doesn’t sound too happy at all that we have so many injuries and that players can’t play for a full 90 either. It’s been a massive part of our issues over the past 2 seasons

It's been a huge issue. Cost us so much and seems to happens at exactly the same point in the season. 

And once we start getting a decent size squad back it's too late. 

We can't continue if every September, October (and likely longer) we go into games with one hand tied behind our back. 

46 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Constantly talking about fitness and injuries is really pleasing as well. He doesn’t sound too happy at all that we have so many injuries and that players can’t play for a full 90 either. It’s been a massive part of our issues over the past 2 seasons

Yeah, seems to have a bee in his bonnet with this issue, I think our squad will be doing a lot, lot more running and weights than they have become used to in the coming weeks and months, I would imagine Van Der Hayden will probably take the lead with this task, if looks are anything to go by he will put a rocket up those arses that need it.

First time ive actually enjoyed a league game at Ibrox this season. Night and day from what weve been watching, the team looked far more intense and that they have an idea what they are supposed to be doing. A very promising start to say the least.

See when I think back to after the Aberdeen match with the boy outside talking to tav about showing more passion and to work harder and Tav says “it’s not as simple as that” was that maybe a wee hint that he knew Beale was a fucking idiot.?

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We’ve seen it first hand multiple times too when new managers have come in. It’s a start, but right now that’s all it is.

Someone said pre match that they wouldn't be surprised if this group of players failed to give us the new manager bounce :lol:

I agree it is only a start mate but what I saw yesterday was more than the supposed new manager bounce, we had an identity yesterday and players who have been guilty in the past of shirking their responsibility took responsibility yesterday.....my only worry is that we have seen it too many times when certain players continue to let the standards drop......I have sneaky feeling that Clement will be a lot less forgiving than a few of his predecessors.....I reckon a good number of them already know they are drinking in the last chance saloon

2 hours ago, Albertz85 said:

He simply wasnt good enough. End of.

Clement however seems the real deal from word go.

Sparta away will be an interesting gauge

Agree with the first two points completely 

it will be an interesting gauge! he goes into the game without a full squad, due to injuries and players left out from beales initial squad pick, on top of not having a lot of time to implement how he wants them to play full time but, if he can get anything out of it at all I’d be a happy ger! 

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

See when I think back to after the Aberdeen match with the boy outside talking to tav about showing more passion and to work harder and Tav says “it’s not as simple as that”  was that maybe a wee hint that he knew Beale was a fucking idiot.?

Mate I know for a fact that the Kilmarnock team that played under Clarke hadn't a fucking clue what they were doing when they had that Italian boy in charge, the players actually sacked his tactics one game and started reverting back to type that they were doing under Clarke.....Needless to say the Italian boy got sacked in a very short time.....their were definitely elements of that with our group of players, I don't believe for one minute that those players were buying into whatever the fuck Beale thought he was going to achieve 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Last season it was especially bizarre.  We put in outstanding performances in extra time under Gio’s first season, and were physically the best team in the league throughout Gerrard’s tenure.

Plenty of new managers come in and  teams dramatically improve but after that  initial bounce they gradually sink back into their old ways so it’s important not to get carried away.

Personally speaking I got carried away after watching his first press conference and even more so after watching our best performance in over a year.