Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

53 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

It was very strange the mind not on football comment post match 

Strange comment but looked like he was just trying to protect them as much as he could publicly. You would think behind the scenes today's performance has just cemented who he actually wants at the club next season. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Strange comment but looked like he was just trying to protect them as much as he could publicly. You would think behind the scenes today's performance has just cemented who he actually wants at the club next season. 

Clement will not come out and throw the players under the bus. What Managers say in public and in the dressing room will be very different. Im astonished people think different?

Back to basics for Dundee and Hearts.

We need to start keeping clean sheets again. It was a huge part of our early success under Clement and covered for one of our deficiencies which we seen today is scoring goals.

I'd get Balogun back in the side for experience and just to freshen things up. I'd say play him with Goldson because it does seem to work but taking out Goldson wouldn't be out of the question.

You hope Yilmaz is back but until then it has to be Borna because Sterling is wasted at left back. I'd like to think Balogun back in would also help Borna through games.

I'd be having Sterling and Dio in front of the defence assuming Dio is back, if not then Lundstram, and Cantwell in front of them. Dynamic but also a bit of dig and energy.

I'd get Sima back on the left, McCausland on the right and unfortunately I think we're stuck with Dessers through the centre but even more reason to get things sown up at the back.

I have major doubts mentally but we still have a shot if we get things at the back sorted.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 

If continuing with same players in defence then he needs to changed his formation.

We don’t have players for the 4-2-3-1

Especially when the front 4 are severely lacking in the quality needed.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. 

If continuing with same players in defence then he needs to changed his formation.

We don’t have players for the 4-2-3-1

We don't but the players are most comfortable with that formation and playing style as Clement has repeated since becoming manager. He's made it as simple as he can for the players yet they still let him down. 

The issue is solely down to who is on the pitch, not who is off it. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

We don't but the players are most comfortable with that formation and playing style as Clement has repeated since becoming manager. He's made it as simple as he can for the players yet they still let him down. 

Nope, not having that.

We are a fucking riot at the back. They could have scored 4 or 5 last week and so could Ross County today.

He needs to go 4-3-3 or something else as that defence needs protected.

Is it ideal,no, but this can’t continue.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

In our last 2 games Clement has started either Wright or a guy who has been out for months in Dowell. Today Dowell was in at the expense of Sterling.

He's deserved huge credit overall to date but that is baffling and can't be ignored.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nope, not having that.

We are a fucking riot at the back. They could have scored 4 or 5 last week and so could Ross County today.

He needs to go 4-3-3 or something else as that defence needs protected.

Is it ideal,no, but this can’t continue.

Whatever formation he would change it to the same players will be picked to fit within that formation and end up doing the same shit they have done for seasons. 4231, 433, 451, it doesn't matter.

Getting basics right and having drive and determination to win every match is a minimum and more than enough to win every match in this league, these players seem to always struggle to do that 4 out of 5 matches.

It can't continue at all. The players despite raving about how good Clement has made it still let us down. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Whatever formation he would change it to the same players will be picked to fit within that formation and end up doing the same shit they have done for seasons. 4231, 433, 451, it doesn't matter.

Getting basics right and having drive and determination to win every match is a minimum and more than enough to win every match in this league, these players seem to always struggle to do that 4 out of 5 matches.

It can't continue at all. The players despite raving about how good Clement has made it still let us down. 

Out of possession and especially in transition we are an absolute mess.

That needs addressed and pronto.

No team with hopes of winning league should be going into games needing 3 goals to draw or win.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

In our last 2 games Clement has started either Wright or a guy who has been out for months in Dowell. Today Dowell was in at the expense of Sterling.

He's deserved huge credit overall to date but that is baffling and can't be ignored.

RW is a bombscare for us. Either play Wright or McCausland or fit another square peg in a round hole. Thank those in charge of the past transfer windows for consistently failing to sort that. 

He should've started Sterling today regardless of how fit he is or his levels etc. He needs to learn that. Start your best team and go from there every single match. 

Even saying that, we are playing Ross fucking County. The 2nd shittest team in the league. Dowell should've been more than good enough against them if he partially turned up and wanted it. Him and another 9 players decided to shit the bed instead. Unacceptable and should have consequences.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Out of possession and especially in transition we are an absolute mess.

That needs addressed and pronto.

No team with hopes of winning league should be going into games needing 3 goals to draw or win.

Oh yes we are and that's down to players failing to understand very basic instructions. Things that even amateur players would get our 20k a week players can't be bothered with. 

It needs addressed big time. 

If we are playing 4-2-3-1 and wanting to keep a clean sheet, sadly it seems that we need the 2 CDM pivot as the back four with Lundstram in front is getting exposed every week.

I like the look of Diomande and appreciate he wasn’t playing today but with him, Lundstram and a 10 we have lost control of games especially out of possession.

Deserves credit for what he’s done to date. Given injuries he’s had to deal with and the shite squad he’s working with. 

However I haven’t agreed with a single team selection in the league since Hearts at home on 24th February. 

Since then he’s had to make two subs at half time away to Killie. Make one at half time at home to Motherwell. He’s had to take Scott Wright off on 60 against Hibs and at half time against celtic. And then onto today where he’s had to make a double sub at 54 minutes. 

That tells me he’s picking the wrong team every week and having to try rectify it. It’s a worrying trend. He’s not working with a good squad by any means but most people are saying the same thing before games when the teams come out. 

6 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

His tinkering has been bizarre at times and has cost us

Sterling was MotM last week and would be a first pick in everybody's book today, either at LB, if not CDM beside Lundstram or RW with Sima on the left.

To start Boracic, Dowell and Silva and leave Sterling on the bench beggars belief

Totally agree. Sterling starts every week for me now. Whether it’s in any of they 3 positions, he has to play.

8 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Sterling was MotM last week and would be a first pick in everybody's book today, either at LB, if not CDM beside Lundstram or RW with Sima on the left.

To start Boracic, Dowell and Silva and leave Sterling on the bench beggars belief

Presume that was on the advice of the medical department. Managing his minutes given his injury etc.

I think/hope Clement knows that Sterling is a miles better option than Dowell. 

Or maybe he just fucked it. If it’s the latter it’s criminal management as we could see the problem was Dowell in the midfield after the first few attacks.

12 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Starting Dowell was baffling. He’s barely been used as a sub so to start him in A must win game was the wrong decision. 
Dropping Sterling was probably even worse. 

35 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

His last two team selections have been very questionable. 

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Back to basics for Dundee and Hearts.

We need to start keeping clean sheets again. It was a huge part of our early success under Clement and covered for one of our deficiencies which we seen today is scoring goals.

I'd get Balogun back in the side for experience and just to freshen things up. I'd say play him with Goldson because it does seem to work but taking out Goldson wouldn't be out of the question.

You hope Yilmaz is back but until then it has to be Borna because Sterling is wasted at left back. I'd like to think Balogun back in would also help Borna through games.

I'd be having Sterling and Dio in front of the defence assuming Dio is back, if not then Lundstram, and Cantwell in front of them. Dynamic but also a bit of dig and energy.

I'd get Sima back on the left, McCausland on the right and unfortunately I think we're stuck with Dessers through the centre but even more reason to get things sown up at the back.

I have major doubts mentally but we still have a shot if we get things at the back sorted.

Isn’t Balogun capable of playing left back?