Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

We all hoped these players could actually do it from the position we were in a few weeks ago but I’m sure a lot of us had that fear they’d fuck it up again. 

It’s just what this lot do. If we somehow miraculously stay in this you’d imagine they’d still find a way to blow it again 

These players dont like being in this position. Its clear to see they hate it. Normally at this stage of the season we are playing a series of meaningless league fixtures and thats what they like.

6 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

These players dont like being in this position. Its clear to see they hate it. Normally at this stage of the season we are playing a series of meaningless league fixtures and thats what they like.

That’s exactly the way they played yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, Swagger said:

We all hoped these players could actually do it from the position we were in a few weeks ago but I’m sure a lot of us had that fear they’d fuck it up again. 

It’s just what this lot do. If we somehow miraculously stay in this you’d imagine they’d still find a way to blow it again 

I can see that lot dropping points on a Saturday and we’ll shit the bed on the Sunday, meaning it goes back to having to win there and I don’t think this squad has it in them unless they can do something dramatic to shift their mentality and attitude in the next 2 games (resounding win over Dundee and reaching the final might just be a shot in the arm we need).

I just can’t see it now, the defence is all over the place and that means if we aren’t scoring we are going to be dropping points and we have to win every game in the league from here on.

Cup games are different and that’s 2 games but a final against them seems like it would be too much pressure for our squad (bonkers to say that when we made the Europa final 2 years ago)

51 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

It’s just our luck ridvan got injured

Yep, called up out of the blue after two other left backs pulled out with injury, then gets injured himself whilst in his best spell of form for us.  

Couldn’t make that shit up.  

21 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Yep - happens everytime there is any sort of pressure on. Not a single player looked comfortable yesterday 

My biggest criticism of the manager and it's a worry because I thought the same with beale. 

What's our style I don't see it looks to me like throw mud hope it sticks. Is it a case of these players just aren't fit enough /able to carry out his actual style. 

. Am hoping that after a full pre season we see a completely different Rangers. Just like I did with beale tbh. 

Other small concerns how can dowell jump ahead of midfielders straight out of injury but raskin etc seem to be overlooked. 

Silva isn't a wide attacker either now Sima is back fit he should be playing wide left with McCausland /wright playing wide right with silva the no9.

I hope the last 2 weeks has crystallised things in the managers mind with regards to the amount of change needing done this summer.. 

I still believe he's the guy to bring us success long term. 

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

That'll happen season after season until the core of this squad has moved on. The fans are sick of them. 

Yip , look at the backing at the end of the betis game etc , over and over and over we have backed them , the fans have done more than our fair share and if we had just fallen short it can be accepted , 1st half v the tarriers and sunday is how this squad repay that backing 

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

The last line is true but we know that's not how it works

He has to beat celtic between now and the end of the season either in the league or potentially in the cup final or he will be under huge pressure starting next season. 

Rangers managers, rightly may i add, do not survive continually losing against that mob. 

37 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Think looking at Clements face at the end yesterday it’s dawned on him the enormity of the job he’s taken on. 

Big job on his hands for sure. Winning the league makes the process a lot easier off course but if we come up short him and his team are going to have to pull several rabbits out the hat to make us competitive against the tarriers next season.

I hope they will try to make us more solid as a team. Get the back line right first and foremost and be difficult to beat. Take it from there 🙏🙏

Clement always talks about rotation. That players can't play every game, yet here we are with Goldson, Tav & Lundstram who play every minute, two of them for the last six years. If any player looks knackered and needs a rest, it is those three.

All three will be there on Wednesday. Rinse and repeat.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Clement always talks about rotation. That players can't play every game, yet here we are with Goldson, Tav & Lundstram who play every minute, two of them for the last six years. If any player looks knackered and needs a rest, it is those three.

All three will be there on Wednesday. Rinse and repeat.

We've never even bothered to start looking for Tav and Goldson's replacements either. Patterson was understandably sold but never replaced and we brought back Goldson's backup in Balogun to be, well, a backup again. Short sightedness seems to be our forté.

Clement over the last couple of weeks has made mistakes just like every other manager we've had, even the good ones.

I don't think any good manager gets a decent crack at the whip with that core around the club. Any time there is a wiff of pressure they cave and here we are again.

celtic lose one title and they have a mass exodus and after 2/3 windows were only left with their scottish core who has won everything with them - everyone else gone.

We just keep meandering on with the same shite culture and spending decent money on guys who will also be entrenched in the same shite culture and the cycle keeps on going.

The biggest concern is I don't know how Koppen and Clement fix even part of this in the summer.

Just now, SIRB_72 said:

Clement over the last couple of weeks has made mistakes just like every other manager we've had, even the good ones.

I don't think any good manager gets a decent crack at the whip with that core around the club. Any time there is a wiff of pressure they cave and here we are again.

celtic lose one title and they have a mass exodus and after 2/3 windows were only left with their scottish core who has won everything with them - everyone else gone.

We just keep meandering on with the same shite culture and spending decent money on guys who will also be entrenched in the same shite culture and the cycle keeps on going.

The biggest concern is I don't know how Koppen and Clement fix even part of this in the summer.

Diomande’s done ok though isn’t a massive step up on what we already have, and unfair to judge Cortes who was starting to look decent. Silva overall been very underwhelming.

Not really seeing signs that recruitment is that much better than what it’s been, albeit one window and January always a difficult one.

If they continue to spend double what we spend or whatever it is they’ll continue to on average bring in a slightly higher quality of player.

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

He has to beat celtic between now and the end of the season either in the league or potentially in the cup final or he will be under huge pressure starting next season. 

Rangers managers, rightly may i add, do not survive continually losing against that mob. 

Yeah going into next season with no wins in 4 and away first next season is simply not an option as we know from last manager 

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

My biggest criticism of the manager and it's a worry because I thought the same with beale. 

What's our style I don't see it looks to me like throw mud hope it sticks. Is it a case of these players just aren't fit enough /able to carry out his actual style. 

. Am hoping that after a full pre season we see a completely different Rangers. Just like I did with beale tbh. 

Other small concerns how can dowell jump ahead of midfielders straight out of injury but raskin etc seem to be overlooked. 

Silva isn't a wide attacker either now Sima is back fit he should be playing wide left with McCausland /wright playing wide right with silva the no9.

I hope the last 2 weeks has crystallised things in the managers mind with regards to the amount of change needing done this summer.. 

Raskin isn't good enough to be started and I have my doubts wether McCausland will make it at us

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Yeah going into next season with no wins in 4 and away first next season is simply not an option as we know from last manager 

It certainly isn't. If we win a title under Clement he'd be only the 3rd manager in history after Wilton and Advocaat to do so after failing to win one of their first 2 old firms.

1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

It certainly isn't. If we win a title under Clement he'd be only the 3rd manager in history after Wilton and Advocaat to do so after failing to win one of their first 2 old firms.

Yep we really need to win at parkhead think it's a better situation than going for a draw tbh 

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

Good post.

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I think we’ve a style, it’s just not very appealing.

High and wide wingers that can cut inside, high fullbacks, a 10 that he wants to get beyond the striker, and a fairly direct approach.

I actually think is the winter months it’s pretty effective on shite pitches. Doesn’t suit the tippy tappy stuff. 

53 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think we’ve a style, it’s just not very appealing.

High and wide wingers that can cut inside, high fullbacks, a 10 that he wants to get beyond the striker, and a fairly direct approach.

I actually think is the winter months it’s pretty effective on shite pitches. Doesn’t suit the tippy tappy stuff. 

The tactic I don’t love from us particularly against better teams is the long balls down the line from the full backs or long diagonals from the CHs or Lundstram when he drops into the centre half position.

Occasionally comes off when it’s out to Tav but invariably loses possession, or feels that way anyway.