Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Across both here and on FF I’m yet to see anyone in agreement as to what teams we should have picked over the last few games.

Last week people were saying Sterling didn’t work at LB and Barisic should have  played. This week it’s the opposite, but then others are saying Sterling should have played in midfield.

Then we have people disagreeing as to whether it’s Goldson or Souttar who should be dropped with Balogun coming in. 

The reality is the squad is a shambles full of total losers. We couldn’t spend a penny in January and two of the loans we have bought in are now injured.

A fair summary. We lack quality and strength in depth. We tried to address that in January in loan market and they are injured too. There is much work to be done. 

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Barisic had to play, Sterling should’ve been in midfield which leaves just Barisic.

It's baffling though to play Barisic yesterday but not against the filth, only for the freed up Sterling not to start in midfield or even at RW. Senseless.

I know there'd been talk of Barisic illness prior to the OF game 🙄 but he shouldn't then have been on the bench.

Clement is looking to be a bit of a tinkerman with his squad, but he's puting in from the start at one time too many who have not played many minutes and been out for ages and its clearly costing us.

Get the strongest 11 started ie Sterling in midfield, and give mins 2nd half to those like Dowell. And tbh I'd rather Balogun had been playing before now and got minutes recently to allow him to have cover LB whilst Yilmaz is out than see Barisic wear our jersey ever again.

The thing is, everyone is a genius with hindsight. Ross County had only won 6 games all season up until yesterday - there's a reason why they're second bottom. We shouldn't need a full strength team to beat them and I think that's a fair assumption for the manager to have.

But, it's clearly not the case and we need to go full strength from now until the end.

Just now, BigDak said:

The thing is, everyone is a genius with hindsight. Ross County had only one 6 games all season up until yesterday - there's a reason why they're second bottom. We shouldn't need a full strength team to beat them and I think that's a fair assumption for the manager to have.

But, it's clearly not the case and we need to go full strength from now until the end.

There's been plenty complaints about Tav, Goldson, and Dessers. He'd scope to change them but didn't. Silva was stinking last weekend but started again.

Add into that mix players who weren't fit / trusted to start versus Celtic and who've not played much in months in Dowell AND Barisic.

Our most athletic player in Sterling benched.

It's not hindsight to say that's risk strategy, it's foresight to say right now too that if we go with the same starting 11 against Dundee we'll likely get little out the game.

16 minutes ago, skinnymate1690 said:

He needs to pick our strongest 11 for the next 6 games , no messing about and resting players etc. 

I also think sterling needs to be in the midfield to give us some dig. 

Striker is obviously a problem but i dont know what the answer is to that! 

Spot on. If he doesn't then I have to say I'm gonna start doubting him.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's been plenty complaints about Tav, Goldson, and Dessers. He'd scope to change them but didn't. Silva was stinking last weekend but started again.

Add into that mix players who weren't fit / trusted to start versus celtic and who've not played much in months in Dowell AND Barisic.

It's not hindsight to say that's risk strategy, it's foresight to say right now too that if we go with the same starting 11 against Dundee we'll likely get little out the game.

Last 2 line ups most on here weren't happy with

Clement inherited Beal’s duds and he done well to get us challenging for the title and deserved credit.

But he’s not above criticism 

We needed a striker desperately in January but we got Silva who’s pish and Diomande (I’m not convinced by him either).

Clement has picked the wrong team a few times recently and I have no idea the reason that we don’t come out the traps every game and look lethargic. 

1 out of 4 league wins recently is fuckin awful. 

I don’t think there’s any chance of us winning  our last 6 games (by fuck I desperately hope I’m wrong).
So there are a few concerns for me. 

We all know we need a fuckin clearout so I hope to fuck our recruitment is good.

Clement should be judged next season.  

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

Clement inherited Beal’s duds and he done well to get us challenging for the title and deserved credit.

But he’s not above criticism 

We needed a striker desperately in January but we got Silva who’s pish and Diomande (I’m not convinced by him either).

Clement has picked the wrong team a few times recently and I have no idea the reason that we don’t come out the traps every game and look lethargic. 

1 out of 4 league wins recently is fuckin awful. 

I don’t think there’s any chance of us winning  our last 6 games (by fuck I desperately hope I’m wrong).
So there are a few concerns for me. 

We all know we need a fuckin clearout so I hope to fuck our recruitment is good.

Clement should be judged next season.  

The last line is true but we know that's not how it works

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Add into that mix players who weren't fit / trusted to start versus celtic and who've not played much in months in Dowell AND Barisic.

Mate, while I agree that Tav, Goldson and Dessers have been underperforming (although maybe for Dessers this is just performing!) Tav is the team captain and only two weeks ago picked up a World Record - he's not getting dropped.

Also, I thought most people had settled on Dessers not being good but being "our guy" for the rest of the season.

I do agree Goldson should be dropped but then if Clement dropped him for Balogun and the latter had a stinker he'd get pelters for that too.

I agree Sterling should be considered a mainstay in this team but, as others have said, it's may e due to injury management.

Yesterday was a sore one and lessons have to be learned but I don't think Clement was completely wrong in his choices.

14 hours ago, the cry was no said:

His tinkering has been bizarre at times and has cost us

Sterling was MotM last week and would be a first pick in everybody's book today, either at LB, if not CDM beside Lundstram or RW with Sima on the left.

To start Boracic, Dowell and Silva and leave Sterling on the bench beggars belief

Sterling MotM? He didn’t cover himself in glory at all with Idah’s goal so that’s wrong. 

48 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Across both here and on FF I’m yet to see anyone in agreement as to what teams we should have picked over the last few games.

Last week people were saying Sterling didn’t work at LB and Barisic should have  played. This week it’s the opposite, but then others are saying Sterling should have played in midfield.

Then we have people disagreeing as to whether it’s Goldson or Souttar who should be dropped with Balogun coming in. 

The reality is the squad is a shambles full of total losers. We couldn’t spend a penny in January and two of the loans we have bought in are now injured.

Exactly right, then people say he should play the strongest team - totally agree on that except, what is the strongest team because we all have different ideas on that anyway at the best of times.

We have a squad full of dross, I'm not convinced it matters who we play at times there are glaring flaws everywhere. Personally, I would drop Tav and Goldson - then we don't win and people say its because of that, but they play and we don't win and we all claim its because of their mentality.

Clement isn't perfect, there are things I look at and think, why isn't he changing that - corners for instance - but he's probably the best we could get. I honestly believe, given then right resources, he will lead us to success. I'm just not overly convinced we'll have those resources if we fuck the league again this season. 

I like the manager a lot and if we don’t win things consistently under him then I don’t think we ever will again. He has a number of things going against him. 

Financially they blow us out the water and now will do for the next 2-3 years until it becomes impossible for either of us to get through the CL qualifiers. 

He’s dealing with the hangover of a £15m spend last summer, of which there are about 2 successful signings in Butland and Sterling. Add into that the £7m fees on Matondo and Davies plus another £7m in wages and you can see where his issues are. 

He’s facing like 2 or 3 managers before him, the same group of 4 players who have been instrumental in every single choke job for 3-4 seasons in Goldson, Barisic, Lundstram and Tavernier. 

He now has to simply see the back of anything from 12-15 players in the summer and hope the DoF and scout can have a 90% success rate with signings otherwise we’re in the same position next season. 

Forgot to add though that our inability to deal with counter attacks simply has to be addressed, we look like conceding every time we lose the ball in the opposition half. No idea what’s changed but we looked solid and strong up until the Motherwell game. 

6 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Mate, while I agree that Tav, Goldson and Dessers have been underperforming (although maybe for Dessers this is just performing!) Tav is the team captain and only two weeks ago picked up a World Record - he's not getting dropped.

Also, I thought most people had settled on Dessers not being good but being "our guy" for the rest of the season.

I do agree Goldson should be dropped but then if Clement dropped him for Balogun and the latter had a stinker he'd get pelters for that too.

I agree Sterling should be considered a mainstay in this team but, as others have said, it's may e due to injury management.

Yesterday was a sore one and lessons have to be learned but I don't think Clement was completely wrong in his choices.

The manager has to pick those performing, our best players and drop those who have let him down too often or are miles off form.  That gets results needed, not justifying underperformers because of factors like who they are.

Doing the above helps the full squad from being complacent, and knowing if you do well you're in but if not someone else will be.

Tav has legendry scoring status but like with Goldson and Dessers could easily be replaced at Dundee with a decent alternative who may well do what's needed to win games.

43 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Just about every game Barisic has started under Clement he’s subbed him. 

It’s as if he has short term memory loss and can’t remember how shite he was the last time he played him. 

It’s just our luck ridvan got injured

Clement inherited a team who were 7 points behind, without the quality or mentality to win a title, and made a bit of a race out of it. He made us believe for a little bit and that's testament to him as a manager. 

Clement is very clearly a good manager and will probably win us cups, but he's unlikely to win us titles. I think we need to be realistic about that and we can't chase him out if he's not winning the league, unless it's a very obvious disaster. If we base manager changes on winning the title then we'll have a new manager every 18 months for fuck knows how long.

I think we definitely need to drop Dessers and play Roofe until he gets injured, Dessers is missing too many chances and it's giving the opponents hope that they are still in these games 

3 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

The "synergy" that the players have built with the fans since Clement came in has only taken 7 days to take an absolute battering. Maybe I was naive to think the mentality has possibly changed, it clearly hasn't.

Only took about 45 mins. 

8 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

The "synergy" that the players have built with the fans since Clement came in has only taken 7 days to take an absolute battering. Maybe I was naive to think the mentality has possibly changed, it clearly hasn't.

I think for any real change in mentality we need to see the old guard leave the club.  When things go poorly its hard to see the progress that has been made when its the same losers that we have been watching for several years.