*****The Official Rangers v St Mirren Match Thread*****

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Some really poor individual performances recently. So much so that I've given up on this side 'turning a corner' and now I'm just desperate for us to get into January with the cup and no further behind in the league. Let's see what happens once PC has a chance to add 2-3 players of his own. 

I still think I'll wake up and this has all been some kind of sick nightmare.

10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

McCausland really reminds me of McCann. Hopefully he does as well for us.

I also thought Lawrence had a touch of the Barry Ferguson about him today. Along with Lundstram, kept everything ticking and always looking for a through ball. 

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I never know why people post that, and I’m not singling you out. Do they hope we lose instead to make themselves feel better?

I see what I see mate. 2 mins before halftime we all could see where we really are. Then we score. Nope, I will wait until we beat those cunts on the 30th and then go from there. 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Accept this is the best we are going to get with this squad until the manager is given the tools needed and be happy with the result :thumbsup:

I think most of us wanted to be within 5 of the filth (which we are, game in hand assumed a win) at the point we could make signings. Last week was a sore one because of that.

Happy with that today. Not the most exhilarating football at times but we controlled the game without any real fuss and carried enough attacking intent to keep St Mirren guessing. 

Danilo for Dessers and that is our best available team. With that front 5 including Tav you have creativity and goals. I'd like to see us go with that now.

No surprise Cantwell starting in the centre of the park was integral to most good things we did today

9 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’m not sure he could complete anything. 😂

To be fair to him, sometimes his passing is very good but it tends to be when under zero pressure.

How does this guy get away with pretending he is a footballer for so long.

Stodgy first half not helped by St Mirren slowing every dead ball to a crawl. 

Much better second half and a higher level of intensity. Cantwell didn’t have a greaT overall game but no one else in the team plays that through ball to Sima for the second. 

Anyone booing Lammers when he came on should hand their ticket in and not come back. A ridiculous thing to do. 

80mins gone when the wife walks in and asks why I'm in such a foul mood. In response I tell her "I've been watching this absolute dross for 80mins whilst waiting for the football to start.

Hats off to young McCausland for his play today for showing those pretenders in our team how to play against what was a very poor ST Mirren team.

47 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Happy with the 3 points but didn't think we were that good today. Big improvement is needed

Find it strange when folk go over the top after a boring, routine win. 

Few threads on FF that would have you believing we were brilliant today.