*****The Official Real Betis v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Frankfurt weren’t punching above their weight anywhere close to what we were when we made that final 

I think vs Frankfurt was a pretty 50/50 shot at it, whereas Zenit were streets ahead of us.

Not saying we didn’t deserve to get to the final under Walter as we absolutely grafted and fought our way there, but we reached Seville based on ability and were in with a real genuine shout of winning rather than hoping for a miracle. 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Frankfurt in a European final is as good an opponent as we could possibly hope for. Still devastated about how that game went. Never watched it back or even watched the highlights and doubt I ever will. 

I haven’t watched either of the European finals back.

Have literally no idea what Zenit’s goals look like anymore and I can just about remember Frankfurt’s, that’s mostly because I remember thinking “just fucking clear it” regarding Goldson 

36 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Have literally no idea what Zenit’s goals look like anymore and I can just about remember Frankfurt’s, that’s mostly because I remember thinking “just fucking clear it” regarding Goldson 

I watched it back not too long ago. Felt like I need to purge it out my brain.

Regretted it instantly. 

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I've never seen the Zenit goals. 

I was in Manchester but when things started kicking off because the big screen at the fan zone clearly wasn't going to show the game, I ended up in a Ladbrokes with my brother and fuck knows how many others trying to see the game on a tiny wee TV at the end of the shop. 

22 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Any Rangers fan turning down their nose at a European trophy is full of it. 

If we drop down and ended up winning that trophy it would be a massive achievement.

:thumbup:

Spot on mate.

I'd say it would be much bigger than our upcoming LCF .... as all the teams in the Conference are streets ahead of any we beat to reach this final.

Why would anyone be ashamed of our Club for winning a European trophy we have never won before is just madness.

🇬🇧

5 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

Frankfurt in a European final is as good an opponent as we could possibly hope for. Still devastated about how that game went. Never watched it back or even watched the highlights and doubt I ever will. 

Saw a clip of the pen in another vid and it ruined my day

11 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Get Ryan Jack to fuck. Let him cosy up to his Tartan Army fuckwits. 
Suppose he’ll be available once the Scotland fucking squad is announced again 

Jack is clearly sacrificing Rangers for Scotland and I’d tell him it will be very difficult for him health wise if he continues to do both. If he goes at the next Scottish call up I’d put him in the reserves and give him no game time. Come the summer Scotland won’t be calling a guy up who hasn’t played for 6 months.