*****The Official Rangers vs Aberdeen League Cup Final Thread*****

.Williamson.

1 hour ago, Assegai said:

💙

Screenshot_20231219-132728~2.png

Screenshot_20231219-132747~2.png

One game at Tannadice, I ended up down at the front and McCall ran about fifteen yards to tackle a United player on the touchline in front of me at full speed.

He was so committed, I was convinced he was joining me in the crowd. Somehow he just stopped, got up and carried on but I was shitting myself 😳

Huge difference between watching guys like him from the gods and ground level where you can see the sweat and hear every word.

41 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

One game at Tannadice, I ended up down at the front and McCall ran about fifteen yards to tackle a United player on the touchline in front of me at full speed.

He was so committed, I was convinced he was joining me in the crowd. Somehow he just stopped, got up and carried on but I was shitting myself 😳

Huge difference between watching guys like him from the gods and ground level where you can see the sweat and hear every word.

I still see his cutback in a Champions League qualifier that any other player would have given up on, playing in my head. It led to a goal and I think it was a 1-0 win.

4 hours ago, Assegai said:

I still see his cutback in a Champions League qualifier that any other player would have given up on, playing in my head. It led to a goal and I think it was a 1-0 win.

Famagusta, 95.

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The first half of that game was genuinely a horror show. 

Brian Reid had an absolute nightmare :lol: 

Aye, felt like it was on its way to being an AEK, Gothenburg, Levski, Sparta Prague, Strasbourg type Walter disaster. Great manager, but his European qualifier record in the 90s was pretty rubbish. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Aye, felt like it was on its way to being an AEK, Gothenburg, Levski, Sparta Prague, Strasbourg type Walter disaster. Great manager, but his European qualifier record in the 90s was pretty rubbish. 

A really difficult competition back then though. 

Barcelona got knocked out by CSKA in 92.

I remember that season we played Anorthosus, Ferencvaros and Nantes going far and Blackburn getting a doing.