I think we need Hagi back in Jan

WestCoastGer

Just now, WestCoastGer said:

Agree with this. Not saying he's a messiah, but he's an option and better than Lammers, not that I'm saying much with that.

Yep fully agreed why would clement right off a player he hasn’t worked with yet

Everyone else got a ‘clean slate’

I think Hagi is twice the player of Lammers

I like Hagi, Clement would likely get something extra out of him as he’s done with others and he might be aware of him as a previous target given he played for Genk shortly after Clement left.

However, I would prefer we looked forward for fresh options and players rather than going back to previous or ex players so leave him at Alaves and look to move him on permanently in the summer.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nope. 

We need players in but we don’t need Hagi, he’s one of the ones we need to permanently offload. Don’t know where you think he’s even being fitted into the team positional wise. 

If he was at the club ATM he would be playing in CM (was playing that role at the start of the season) but by the time we could get him back hopefully our midfield injury situation has cleared.

For the second half of the season I would 100% have him back. Unless we have miraculously found the budget for a massive overhaul I can’t see a no. 10 being a priority over other areas in the January window so would rather have Hagi back than persist with Lammers.

Hagi can be sugar or shite. Lammers is just shite.

Bring him back he needs a solid proper Manager quiding him,loves the club and is well liked around the dressing room.Players with dig and determination who get annoyed and frustrated when we dont play well are what we need.

January he will be back, give him 6 months and he will be a very important player for those Europa games and 10 behind the ball SPL teams

54 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

If he was at the club ATM he would be playing in CM (was playing that role at the start of the season) but by the time we could get him back hopefully our midfield injury situation has cleared.

For the second half of the season I would 100% have him back. Unless we have miraculously found the budget for a massive overhaul I can’t see a no. 10 being a priority over other areas in the January window so would rather have Hagi back than persist with Lammers.

Hagi can be sugar or shite. Lammers is just shite.

Lammers isn’t a footballer, Hagi is a shite one 

Sad state of affairs that this has to be discussed 

18 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Think describing Hagi as shite is a bit extreme. He is massively inconsistent and when he is not on it he can be horrific, but at his best he is capable of producing moments that can change / win games.

Do I want him long term as part of our squad going forward? No

Would I prefer him to be the backup to Cantwell / Lawrence over Lammers? 100%

He’s shite 

47 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Think describing Hagi as shite is a bit extreme. He is massively inconsistent and when he is not on it he can be horrific, but at his best he is capable of producing moments that can change / win games.

Do I want him long term as part of our squad going forward? No

Would I prefer him to be the backup to Cantwell / Lawrence over Lammers? 100%

Why don't we just get rid of both and bring in a footballer that isnt completely shite? 

Crazy concept, I know. 

Take him back and tell the Spanish mob they can have Lammers instead, they'll obviously turn that down. 

Then recall Lowry and tell Hearts they can have Lammers instead, they'll turn him down too. 

Tell Lammers to fuck off and we're left with 2 players who have cost us nothing who will unquestionably offer more in the second half of the season than Lammers and potentially Lawrence too. One who we might be able to cash in on in the summer if he hits some form and a youngster who we might be able to make a decision on finally with a real manager getting the best out of him. Win, win situation. 

And a 3rd, huge win if we don't ever see Lammers again. 

24 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Why don't we just get rid of both and bring in a footballer that isnt completely shite? 

Crazy concept, I know. 

Ideally yes, but if we are working with limited budget in January there are other areas that need more urgent attention than what is effectively backup to Cantwell.

Just now, rossco87 said:

Ideally yes, but if we are working with limited budget in January there are other areas that need more urgent attention than what is effectively backup to Cantwell.

Did you no catch the reason he ended up leaving on loan? As shite as he is, he's not coming back to be backup to Cantwell. 

35 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Did you no catch the reason he ended up leaving on loan? As shite as he is, he's not coming back to be backup to Cantwell. 

I would wager that our former manager’’s attitude and approach to favouring players he liked and bombing out those he didn’t has a large part to do with him leaving. The prick managed to fall out with Sakala ffs!

I have no issue with Hagi coming back wanting to make a starting position his; whether or not he is capable would be Clement’s decision. I do think we now have a manager who is capable of handling the situation. Which leads back to the original point of out of the three options:

- continue with Lammers getting game time

- spend some of our limited resources on a backup to Cantwell / Lawrence and divert resources from budget for other positions

- bring back Hagi

my preference would be Hagi.

Out of interest which of those would be your preference?