I think we need Hagi back in Jan

WestCoastGer

Recalling him is never really straight forward. Usually with loan moves they are things in place for recalls etc. Could even be a small fine to pay out or the fact we might end up paying his full wage again while his loan club might have been covering his wages or a percentage of it.

Some loan moves might not even allow a recall if a deal is cemented of a future fee also. I have heard that contracts these days are a lot more creative shall we say :lol: 

1 hour ago, rossco87 said:

I would wager that our former manager’’s attitude and approach to favouring players he liked and bombing out those he didn’t has a large part to do with him leaving. The prick managed to fall out with Sakala ffs!

I have no issue with Hagi coming back wanting to make a starting position his; whether or not he is capable would be Clement’s decision. I do think we now have a manager who is capable of handling the situation. Which leads back to the original point of out of the three options:

- continue with Lammers getting game time

- spend some of our limited resources on a backup to Cantwell / Lawrence and divert resources from budget for other positions

- bring back Hagi

my preference would be Hagi.

Out of interest which of those would be your preference?

Regardless of how that scumbag felt about Hagi is irrelevant. He said himself he wanted to play and he wasn't getting game time here, and he still won't. 

7 hours ago, demise said:

Even if not recalled, the Hagi situation is great tbh. Playing in competitive league and getting significant game time, and come summer hopefully we get some 4-5m offer for him, take the money and run. Fast. 

I’d fact check his time on the park mate, don’t believe he’s getting as many minutes as we’d have liked tbh. 

1 hour ago, TheMightyGer said:

Given the amount of injuries we have at the moment it makes sense to recall our loan players (if possible) and let Phil get a proper look at them. Surely Hagi is a better option for us than Lammers.

At least  give him a chance 

When a new manager comes in I thought  it was a clean slate for everyone 🤔 

56 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Id he not getting a game? Read he made 14 appearances. Maybe subs right enough

I think he started well but then dropped off and was told to buck his ideas up. Has still had more game time than he would have probably managed with us.

Basic point is this: we need an LB and a striker. If some kind of deal for Shankland happens and we get an LB it looks like that'll be £7-8m (I heard £2.5m Shankland and assume £5m for a decent LB w Euro experience...).

We are on our arse/bare bones at CAM and having Hagi back wouldn't kill us, plus he can't be worse than Lammers. Has no-one seen the stuff about if Dessers gets injured Lammers is the only guy who can play 9? FFS we need more people in. Even if he's not the answer long-term, needs must...

17 minutes ago, WestCoastGer said:

Basic point is this: we need an LB and a striker. If some kind of deal for Shankland happens and we get an LB it looks like that'll be £7-8m (I heard £2.5m Shankland and assume £5m for a decent LB w Euro experience...).

We are on our arse/bare bones at CAM and having Hagi back wouldn't kill us, plus he can't be worse than Lammers. Has no-one seen the stuff about if Dessers gets injured Lammers is the only guy who can play 9? FFS we need more people in. Even if he's not the answer long-term, needs must...

5m for a left back in January

1 hour ago, WestCoastGer said:

😂😂